No announcement yet.

Boxing Wins Tonight....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S.I.M.P View Post
    Hollywood is former boxing champion who went on to become a UFC champion....that's my point all fighting skills start from boxing....laterrall movement & ring generalship..
    There's plenty of successful UFC fighters who have a background in a different combat sport. Just because Rousey lost to someone with a boxing background doesn't mean MMA will change their opinions on anything because MMA encompasses all combat sports. It's not like Holly was just boxing. She incorporated much more than that from other combat sports (I didn't watch it but based on what someone who watched it told me).

Comment

It was a headkick that Kod Rousey, so technically Muay thai won tonight

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
        So WTF does it have to do with the sport of Boxing? Bottom line its childish to say "Boxing won something". lol Like Boxing ever loss something to begin with.
        It was a MMA fight. Not Boxer vs MMA.
        calm down. you're talking about the sport and i'm talking about the martial art. holm used boxing to beat rousey. you don't want to acknowledge this because mma fight doe lol

Comment

Originally posted by S.I.M.P View Post
          war boxing .....war holm.....f##k delahoya!! For putting ronda rousey in the ring magazine

boxing is the first thing you need to learn if you want to be a fighter....
          Boxing don't win **** son, Holly Holmes prove she had kick boxing experience and a mixed martial arts background I realize beta males on here feel that she posed a huge threat to your fanboyism because you wanted to side with boxing over MMA but think this through...
          THIS is the highest moment of Holly Holms career as a MMA fighter it eclipses everything she ever did as a boxer and it likely will spell the death of female boxing because why bother with a sport that shows absolutely nothing to its female athletes?
          A win for boxing you say?
          I say it's a loss for boxing not only does this show lady athletes female boxing is useless it shows MMA is the path for them to follow, it's in all honesty a hollow claim of victory for pathetic people.

Comment

PACBOY it was an mma fight but it was very clear her boxing background was the set up to the ending she pot shotted and couldnt miss and her footwork measured the distance properly. And she finished it off with a kick

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              calm down. you're talking about the sport and i'm talking about the martial art. holm used boxing to beat rousey. you don't want to acknowledge this because mma fight doe lol
              Actually she used a kick to win the fight. This is MMA...In Boxing one punch can end a fight. In MMA More than a punch can win a fight. Theyre many ways to end a fight or win a fight. Her foot work and strikes were making Ronda look stupid. I acknowledge that.

Comment

It has NOTHING to do with Boxing. At all. Youre right...she got beat by an MMA fighter. with a KICK to the head!
                ur right that MMA vs MMA fighter.
                but like the poster quoted below said, holly holm took ronda to "striking" school (boxing).
                how many straight lefts did ronda take??

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                there is a round and a half of holm schooling rousey with a jab and landing fist strikes, it was a boxing lesson for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Holly "Money" Holm
                  They just painted Holly Holm black they suddenly didn't care she was a white girl?
                  She's like a messiah to these race baiting trolls lol.

I thought it was great to see the upset I always love myself an upset but the way these pathetic Floyd fans go on it sort of ruins it, they take things with a complete lack of respect the total attitude of someone who's likely never been in a fight before in their life's.

Comment

Originally posted by Juof View Post
                    PACBOY it was an mma fight but it was very clear her boxing background was the set up to the ending she pot shotted and couldnt miss and her footwork measured the distance properly. And she finished it off with a kick
                    Thanks for the update.

Comment

Actually she used a kick to win the fight. This is MMA...In Boxing one punch can end a fight. In MMA More than a punch can win a fight. Theyre many ways to end a fight or win a fight. Her foot work and strikes were making Ronda look stupid. I acknowledge that.
                      she used the kick to get the KO. her boxing set everything up.

Comment

Working...
                      X