Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holly Holm Shocks The World, KO's Ronda Rousey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vast majority of the posters here repeatedly said that they don't watch MMA.

... is there a link to this fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      duh

ronda does judo.

of course holm would box her ears off.

but this was not boxing vs. mma

holm did karate/kickboxing before boxing. she has 4-5 yrs of mma exp.

ronda got her ass kicked.

not boxing beat mma.
      Exactly. Plus she didn't just use boxing to beat her. Holm also scored a takedown and got the KO with a head kick. Hence the mixed part of mixed martial arts. LMAO at boxing fan haters thinking this somehow discredits the entire sport. What about all the other boxers that came along and didn't succeed. Art Jimmerson, James Warring, Melton Bowen, James Toney? How quickly we forget.

Holm seems pretty cool from her interviews so now the UFC will be forced to market someone nice for once, not a big bragger.

As for Rousey, damn. So much for retiring undefeated for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
        This^^^ Where are all the people that said she would destroy Floyd?? No where to be found..
        Nowhere to be found. Kind of like you guys are doing now. Gloating over this win and then gone once Holm receives her first MMA loss. Just like boxing fans during just about any other MMA event.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
          The only people who are shocked by this outcome are the people who thought that Rousey couldn't be beaten and adopted the ridiculous idea that Rousey would beat Floyd Mayweather or any other male. This category includes about 90 percent of the people who post on this site, but it does not include me.
          (Boxingscene translation)

Rhonda Rousey = Gennady Golovkin

Comment

• Originally posted by doubletake View Post
            Lol that was crazy, but after seeing Ronda shadowbox, you couldn't help but notice she wouldn't do too well against a former boxing world champion.

Props to both though.
            I don't know **** about MMA, but I was impressed with Holm's ability to keep it a standup fight. She seemed to establish the distance with great footwork and good timing on those left hands and with her jab. Ronda couldn't get her game going.

I have a rough idea where Holm perfected her footwork and timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              The vast majority of the posters here repeatedly said that they don't watch MMA.

... is there a link to this fight?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eXgTHklMtQ

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• lol I feel redeemed for all the disparaging comments I've made about Ronda all this time.
                  I've watched the fight on replay for about 30 minutes now.
                  This probably made my year.

Comment

• [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• If a boxer just has basic grappling knowledge, and is very strong, they can keep somebody off them like Holmes. Once someone can't submit you, the boxer will beat the piss out of the MMA fighter, as Holly just showed.

She really beat the crap out of Rousey as well. Looked way bigger, and obviously roided up. She kinda had the body of a powerful man, with kinda roided rippling muscles, at least for a woman. A rematch will be big, but I don't know if Rousey will want to go through that.

Comment

Working...
                      X