No announcement yet.

Sergey Kovalev vs. Jean Pascal II HBO January 30, 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    Gonzalez had no legs after Round 5 against Pascal... So pick up any list of eligible fighters for Kovalev, and you're left with Pascal as the most capable of them...

Simple maths for Duva: You go to Montreal and cash another big purse, or you take winter off and wait for Stevenson or Beterbiev... Gonzalez didn't prove anything yet.. Pascal on the other end proved that he could shake things up a bit with Kovalev... I expect another good fight with the same outcome...
    Lol. Pascal lost in a fight that wasn't even close on the scorecards by TKO, to Kovalev. A rematch is unwarranted.

Pascal also arguably should have lost to Gonzalez. Most boxing fans here agreed with that sentiment.

Comment

Pascal gets stopped in the 6th this time.

Comment

People don't give the original fight enough credit, it was a good contest and Pascal won some rounds.

That said after seeing the beating he took throughout combined with the Gonzalez performance, this is one of the rare times I worry about a fighter getting seriously hurt before the fight. Pascal has too much pride in himself, he makes himself vulnerable. Last guy you want in the opposite corner when you're in that position is Kovalev.

Comment

why is this a rematch??????? but kov wins again

Comment

This is a pointless rematch.

Comment

Beyond pointless. Who would pay to watch this?

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Best fight that could be made. Only fighters who really do 'anything' for Kov are Ward, Adonis and maybe moving up. The first 2 fights aren't happening in near future, so we're left w Pascal.
                Exactly.

I'd sooner see Kovalev-Stevenson or Kovalev-Ward...

But Kovalev-Pascal II is better than something like Kovalev-Brand or Kovalev-Murdock.

Comment

BS fight. I wasn't sold on Kavalev until he boxed Hopkins.

Now he's fighting a someone he beat decisively...

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
                    BS fight. I wasn't sold on Kavalev until he boxed Hopkins.

Now he's fighting a someone he beat decisively...
                    But Pascal had a rematch clause in the original contract.

Comment

Pointless match, at least give Kovalev somebody new to smash.

Comment

Working...
                      X