Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Sounds Off, Rips Apart Floyd Mayweather Jr!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    Lol So you're stooping to criticize dlh fighting a prime pacquiao and commending floyd for fighting berto?

Only two big names Oscar fought past their primes were Chavez and Whittaker, after that Trinidad, Hopkins, Shane, pacquiao and mayweather were in their prime (along with other good fighters)

I don't see why people care about floyds resume being discredited, when he didn't care himself. Dude was always in it to make big $$$ and he accomplished that.
    Are we trying to act like De La Hoya fighting Pacquiao wasn't a cherry pick gone wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Are we trying to act like De La Hoya fighting Pacquiao wasn't a cherry pick gone wrong?
      Exactly! Pacquiao was a clear cherry pick for Oscar and it back fired. Pacquiao had already been in several wars and was moving up two weightclasses. That was supposed to be an easy win for Oscar and Oscar to this day maintains if he had been in his prime Manny would be the easier fight to win based off styles.

The guy you responded to also thinks Bernard Hopkins was prime when Oscar fought him. What??? Hopkins was 39 years old when he KO'd Oscar. People are making Oscar out to be better than he really was. The guy always under performed in his biggest fights. He was a good fighter but not a great one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
        Exactly! Pacquiao was a clear cherry pick for Oscar and it back fired. Pacquiao had already been in several wars and was moving up two weightclasses. That was supposed to be an easy win for Oscar and Oscar to this day maintains if he had been in his prime Manny would be the easier fight to win based off styles.

The guy you responded to also thinks Bernard Hopkins was prime when Oscar fought him. What??? Hopkins was 39 years old when he KO'd Oscar. People are making Oscar out to be better than he really was. The guy always under performed in his biggest fights. He was a good fighter but not a great one.

Lol I didn't say dlh was a great fighter, but he fought all comers

I don't really consider dlh cherry picking pacquiao when dlh was a zombie in the ring and Roach had trained Oscar

Still though better fight than berto lol

Hopkins was still beating top talent, sure maybe not age prime but dude was a beast and KOd dlh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
          Lol I didn't say dlh was a great fighter, but he fought all comers

I don't really consider dlh cherry picking pacquiao when dlh was a zombie in the ring and Roach had trained Oscar

Still though better fight than berto lol

Hopkins was still beating top talent, sure maybe not age prime but dude was a beast and KOd dlh.
          Manny was still beating top talent as well but people discredit Floyd's win by saying he was passed his prime. Same could be said about Floyd's victories over Cotto and Mosley.

Comment

• You can tell who are the objective fans and who are the fan boy haters.

This notion of Oscar "taking on all comers" is complete hogwash. Lets discuss this in detail.

Leave it up to Dela Hoya after losing to Shane Mosley to NOT fight a PRIME Olympic teammate in VERNON FORREST but to get good ol Arturo Gatti who was two fights into his welterweight tenure

Then he moves up after seeing what THE VIPER did to Mosley and FINDING some then OBSCURE European who never fought stateside but ironically was a belt holder. That was Javier Castelejo (sp?) while avoiding WINKY WRIGHT

I'll give a pass for the VARGAS fight as that was blockbuster fight but even afterwards, he still avoided WINKY who couldn't get ANY fights but Bronco McKart at the time.

But it gets better.

When he fought Bernard Hopkins NOTE. THAT FIGHT WAS AT A CATCHWEIGHT OF 158lbs. Prior to that he did the same crap he does and thats find some then obscure European belt holder in FELIX STURM

Most people know Dela Hoya lost that match but they had to preserve the Hopkins fight so he got a gift.

I don't need to get into fighting people late in his career like Patrice Charbonet, Derrick Coley or Yuri Boy Campas. His resume isn't half of Mayweather's fighting style be damned.

Perhaps if this converted southpaw had more than a jab and a hook, he may have come out more favorably in the bulk of his big fights but thats neither here nor there.

The only people that don't see this rant for what it is and don't look into Oscar's own career and question it (as I did above) are probably people who dislike Mayweather.

Stop saying "ether'd" because this isn't even close. This is a jealous dude who's entire company is riding on what happens next week and needs all the attention he can get.

Comment

• and oscar wasnt no good boy either,i remember hearing all kinds of stories how he had to xfer to dif schools all around east los cause he was caught fighting and getting into gangs,that boy only had a good image cause he was in the olyempics

Comment

• Why would coka Dela penis use the playboy platform to talk about floyd?This rant could indicate that cotto/canelo isn't capturing the public attention as odh hoped. As boxing fans let's hope that isn't the case. We don't need another ppv flop.

As for the rant, what else would you expect from odh. Floyd exposed his illegitimate child he tried to hide, made 24/7 an emmy winner, beat odh, drove odh back to penis and coke, whitewashed canelo, and beat every top fighter GBP had.

Hopefully, floyd doesn't respond until after the ppv. No need to give free publicity.

Comment

• Wow, why so bitter Oscar? You have achieved everything in life a person could ever dream of and yet you decide go down this road? Life is too short, be happy! Don't spend your time obsessing being envious and jealous over one man's prosperity and success. It makes you come across as a loser.

You shouldn't grant any human being that much control over your life. My, my, my, this is sounding more and more like the Ali-Frazier feud. At least toward the end of Joe's life, Muhammad did admit that he had indeed done some very dubious things to Frazier and subsequently repented for it. I am not so sure Mayweather would do the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Floyd fans after he dissed Oscar = Hell yeah Floyd hahahaahh get at Oscar yeah he a cross dresser you got him good Floy! hahah yeah Oscar a druggie and cheater! fishnets ahaha coke head.

Floyd fans after Oscar gives his honest opinion on Floyd as a boxer without taking shots at Floyds personal life = Fuk Oscar, Oscar jealous he a hater, he has no right to speak on Floyd, he obsessed on Floyd, this tranny needs to shut his mouth, who gave him the right to speak! Jealous bitter loser, wish he could be where Floyd is.

Smh
                    Hi dude, yes i agree to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                      so maidana has two L's vs a guy wit some btch in him ? what does that say about him?

as a maidana fan you should praise mayweather, hes the reason your hero gets to retire early and feed his children for years to come. dont bite the hand that feeds your favorite fighter, same goes for the pac tards, manny is no longer in IRS trouble thanks to floyd.
                      Hey, I'm just stating the facts. When **** started getting rowdy, your boy Mayweather tucked his tail in between his legs and whimped all the way to his corner. His true character showed. He was looking for a way out.

Comment

Working...
                      X