No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO’s Taffet Still Stunned By 4.6M Buys For May-Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    I agree about pacquiao, but the same can be said of Floyd. I know the Floyd fans on here think he put on a masterful performance, but the vast majority of the public thought they both put on disgraceful performances. It might have been great for business but it was a terrible exhibition and failed the sport in the long term.
    Floyd fought like he always does now that he is old, he took away all of the opponent's weapons then did just enough on the offensive end to cruise to a victory.

Pacquiao was the one who supposedly brought something different to the table and was finally going to challenge Mayweather and give him his first loss. Instead the lion was turned into a meek little mouse.

That's why the viewers were left unsatisfied. It's not like they came into the evening with expectations of a Floyd knockout.

Comment

I agree with the people who say that the record will probably never been broken. You had two guys who were all time great talents, who benefited from a tremendous amount of hype from the press and the explosion of social media. These guys allowed the hype for this fight to build up for more than half a decade while they simultaneously cleaning up their division.

I don't think there will ever be an event that benefited from the combination of press hype, social media, and the talent of the two participants the way Mayweather-Pacquiao did. The fight would have been better if it happened five years ago although I believe the result would have remained the same. But there is no way it breaks 4 million buys in 2010. There just isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Floyd fought like he always does now that he is old, he took away all of the opponent's weapons then did just enough on the offensive end to cruise to a victory.

Pacquiao was the one who supposedly brought something different to the table and was finally going to challenge Mayweather and give him his first loss. Instead the lion was turned into a meek little mouse.

That's why the viewers were left unsatisfied. It's not like they came into the evening with expectations of a Floyd knockout.
        that's the majority reason people bought this fight

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          That's if you believe that was really Manny's cut. Mayweather didn't think so.
          forbes will tell it all..it is probably not wat manny touched, but it is wat he was supposed to have touched...basically i mean ole bobby pick pocket got him again

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I hope you never run your own business.

For as lil promotion as they did for this fight I bet this it had a lower break even point than people realize. Definitely well under 2.5M buys lol.
            dude u think ppl just want to break even wth the biggest fight in history?

break even means why keep putting money into it? for their own entertainment? both were gauranteed over 100 million i hear..and u have to pay the cable company and tv promo spots were big too...they were all over cbs and nbc..

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              forbes will tell it all..it is probably not wat manny touched, but it is wat he was supposed to have touched...basically i mean ole bobby pick pocket got him again
              Forbes is not reliable at all.

Comment

Forbes is not reliable at all.
                wat they made is public record in vegas...if floyd dont feel that is wat he made idk wat to say, but how reliable to floyd about manny's money? i'd trust forbes more they do that for a living

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                  wat they made is public record in vegas...if floyd dont feel that is wat he made idk wat to say, but how reliable to floyd about manny's money? i'd trust forbes more they do that for a living
                  Only one of them had access to the contract. And the guarantee wasn't made public this time.

Comment

Only one of them had access to the contract. And the guarantee wasn't made public this time.
                    if he had access to the contract he wouldnt have to "think" he would know

im sure no less that 50 mil was guaranteed each way..bc that was the tag for both in 2009
                    so noway in hell do they both get 50 million and they tell us 1 buy over oscarfloyd would have been great for boxing

Comment

Manny sprinkled his magic salt water onto his satellite dish before hand and the signal to buy was beamed directly into the brains of 4.6 million people.

Comment

Working...
                      X