Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO’s Taffet Still Stunned By 4.6M Buys For May-Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame that all those people got to witness Pacquiao being rendered completely ineffective. This was the one guy who was supposed to take it to Floyd and give him trouble with all his hand speed, punching power, and quick feet.

Instead we saw him defused and tamed just like all of Floyd's other opponents. Marcos Maidana put up more of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      It's a shame that all those people got to witness Pacquiao being rendered completely ineffective. This was the one guy who was supposed to take it to Floyd and give him trouble with all his hand speed, punching power, and quick feet.

Instead we saw him defused and tamed just like all of Floyd's other opponents. Marcos Maidana put up more of a fight.
      I agree about pacquiao, but the same can be said of Floyd. I know the Floyd fans on here think he put on a masterful performance, but the vast majority of the public thought they both put on disgraceful performances. It might have been great for business but it was a terrible exhibition and failed the sport in the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

No what's a shame is that the guy who held every advantage grandsatnded for so long about fighting clean ends up cheating in the biggest fight of this generation.

But yeah he tamed manny alright by hughing him to death butbwe known its Manny's fault right

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
          everyone would have lost if that fight only did 2.5mil...........,
          I hope you never run your own business.

For as lil promotion as they did for this fight I bet this it had a lower break even point than people realize. Definitely well under 2.5M buys lol.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            I agree about pacquiao, but the same can be said of Floyd. I know the Floyd fans on here think he put on a masterful performance, but the vast majority of the public thought they both put on disgraceful performances. It might have been great for business but it was a terrible exhibition and failed the sport in the long term.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, you are seriously delusional. Floyd's style of fight did NOT change one bit. He easily outboxed Pacman.
            Also Pacman's style did not change either. He was aggressive, swung wildly and missed a bunch and in the fourth round he threw a lot more punches than the previous rounds so the idea that he was fighting with an injured arm is as absurd as your reasoning.

Lastly, when Nonito Donaire got schooled by Rigondeux he tried to blame his rotator cuff (just like Manny) and the crowd booed including the HBO analysts and so did almost all boxing writers; Nonito was a sore loser, period.

When David Haye got mowed down by Wladimir, he *****ed about his broken toe and got booed and criticized by every boxing writer.

So Manny is just doing what every sore loser does; he is just being a biyatch like those two clowns. Manny got beat easily by Floyd and if there ever is a rematch the outcome will be exactly the same.

People like you and the ones claiming that Cotto or Canelo can now beat Floyd because of their winning streak are just sore loser fans. Floyd beat Pac easily. He beat Cotto and Canelo so any rematch is just a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Mzembe View Post
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, you are seriously delusional. Floyd's style of fight did NOT change one bit. He easily outboxed Pacman.
              Also Pacman's style did not change either. He was aggressive, swung wildly and missed a bunch and in the fourth round he threw a lot more punches than the previous rounds so the idea that he was fighting with an injured arm is as absurd as your reasoning.

Lastly, when Nonito Donaire got schooled by Rigondeux he tried to blame his rotator cuff (just like Manny) and the crowd booed including the HBO analysts and so did almost all boxing writers; Nonito was a sore loser, period.

When David Haye got mowed down by Wladimir, he *****ed about his broken toe and got booed and criticized by every boxing writer.

So Manny is just doing what every sore loser does; he is just being a biyatch like those two clowns. Manny got beat easily by Floyd and if there ever is a rematch the outcome will be exactly the same.

People like you and the ones claiming that Cotto or Canelo can now beat Floyd because of their winning streak are just sore loser fans. Floyd beat Pac easily. He beat Cotto and Canelo so any rematch is just a joke.
              Wtf are you talking about? I said the fight ******. I didn't make excuses for anyone, Floyd is the best it doesn't mean that was a great fight. Learn to read before you write an essay, ******.

Comment

I'm not surprised at the numbers this fight did considering the years of build up it had. Hell, I think the number could be 25 - 35 % higher if those of us that streamed the fight had paid for it.
                What I am surprised about is all of the people saying this was a boring fight. I strongly believe had the results been different and Manny won (legitimately won) people would have said this was the greatest fight they ever saw.
                Just look at the post fight posts by people on NSB months after the fight still making excuses as to why Manny lost, how Floyd cheated, how the ref cheated, how USADA, NSAC, and all of Vegas cheated or were participants in Floyd cheating, cheating cover-ups etc... All of this nonsense because the desired results were not in your favor.
                People feel they got screwed out of their money because the man they felt was suppose to win did not.
                The same Mayweather (post -Gatti) is the same Mayweather you saw on 05/02/15. The Manny Pac that you just knew was going to be Floyd's kryptonite got shut down. No matter what some do to claim Manny won, he lost. Floyd was the better man that night and nothing anyone does or says is going to change it.
                Look at it like this, who files a lawsuit because the fighter they bet on lost. Let that soak in for a moment. Ask yourself, had Manny won the fight and said he hurt his shoulder in 2008, training camp, in the 4th round, or whenever, would it have mattered? I think not. Why? Because the vast majority of people would have got the result they wanted. But like I have said before on numerous occasions, what did Manny's shoulder have to do with his feet? What did his shoulder have to do with his angle of attack? What did his right shoulder have to do with his LEFT HAND? Not a damn thing.
                These two men together generated more money in one night than some countries are worth and they could have had a chance to do it again had one of them been gracious in defeat as he has been in victory.

Comment

...And I'm still stunned by what a piece of **** cash grab it all was. Turned the casuals off boxing for years. They had the world watching and they fluffed their lines.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                    ...And I'm still stunned by what a piece of **** cash grab it all was. Turned the casuals off boxing for years. They had the world watching and they fluffed their lines.
                    Absolutely. How unfortunate that a fight with that much wide range attraction turned out to be a huge disappointment. Both Mayweather and Pacquiao are to blame. Im not buying Pacquiaos injury to be a factor because we have seen fighters push through fights with broken hands, which is the part of the arm that actually takes the larger impact of landing a punch. We have seen fighters push through the pain of other injuries like broken jaws, etc., and they werent ever getting paid 1% of what Pacquiao got paid! Fighters push through nagging injuries all the time, a lot of bodies are not 100% on fight night. So for pricing the PPV at an all time hight of $90-100 and knowing how large his paycheck was going to be, Pacquiaoto better of ****** it up to the fullest. He was throwing punches fine the whole night, quick and hard. But Mayweather was doing his thing and Pacquiao looked like he didnt know what else to do. Mayweathers style is also to blame for the lack of action. Both boxers should have pressed more of a fight and taken more chances, both boxers took it way too easy for an event of that magnitude. Not enough punches thrown. It seemed almost like a sparring match and their faces at the end of the fight showed.

Comment

A record imo that wont be broken, but such a shame the fight didn't live up to the hype. Disgraceful performance from both Pac and Floyd. And those that think Floyd schooled him should really get there eyes checked. Or they are purposefully living in fantasy land creating there own interruption of the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X