Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Crawford be favorite with Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crawford is favored in many of the boxing trainers eyes and the writers, Buddy McGirt said Crawford will KO Pac.

I see Crawford who is the naturally bigger guy and taller switching it up on Pacquiao and finishing him off with a combo of power shots.

Crawford is the only fighter in boxing today who can fight comfortably in both stances and not look awkward or uncomfortable doing it.

I believe the fight might be at 140 for Crawfords belt according to Arum.

I think the most lucrative fight is against Amir Khan though, but Pacquiao said he wants to retire after this fight so Arum might have to switch up his plans and feed Pacquiao to Crawford and build Crawford right now to his cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
      The fight that makes most sense financially and PPV weight wise is not against Terence Crawford however it would be a good thing for Arum and TR stable If he ties down Terence to a further contract by offering Terence this fight similar to what happened with Bradley I think?
      Its a win, win for Arum but its not the fight I think everyone would want to see.

Pacquiao Vs Khan for so many reasons is the right fight to make
      Khan has a big following
      Khan has a lot of haters
      Khan just in generally very well known to the media so more people know him
      Floyd Mayweather ducked Khan, say what you want but the truth is the truth he had the option of Berto or Khan and he picked Berto I don't care what you say.

Fighting Khan would show Pacquiao has balls and If he beats him its a bigger statement of intent that might just force a final showdown with you know who.
      Who are you talking to?

Mayweather had plenty of choices - Thurman, Porter, Brook, Garcia, Cotto rematch etc who were all better than Khan.

Fighting Khan would show that Pacquaio wants an easy knock out comeback. No one needs "balls" to fight Khan - that's pretty much everyone out there at 147 wants to fight him. Easy money, soft chin.

Crawford is far more deserving but to answer the thread - no he obviously wouldn't be the favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        The fight that makes most sense financially and PPV weight wise is not against Terence Crawford however it would be a good thing for Arum and TR stable If he ties down Terence to a further contract by offering Terence this fight similar to what happened with Bradley I think?
        Its a win, win for Arum but its not the fight I think everyone would want to see.

Pacquiao Vs Khan for so many reasons is the right fight to make
        Khan has a big following
        Khan has a lot of haters
        Khan just in generally very well known to the media so more people know him
        Floyd Mayweather ducked Khan, say what you want but the truth is the truth he had the option of Berto or Khan and he picked Berto I don't care what you say.

Fighting Khan would show Pacquiao has balls and If he beats him its a bigger statement of intent that might just force a final showdown with you know who.
        We've already seen Khan fail countless, same vulnerabilities, no adjustments, why should I want to see it again? At least with Crawford we may be able to see something we haven't seen before, he's a thinker in there, even though I don't think he can do anything with Pacquiao at least he can show me something I haven't seen, thats way more than I can say about Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          The betting odds are based on where people are going to be laying down their money so I can't speak to that. But, I would favor Crawford to beat Pac. This is a classic passing of the torch fight from old guard to new. Crawford is a step ahead of Pac in terms of speed and reflexes. He doesn't sit in the pocket waiting to get hit. It doesn't play well to Pac's style and is a terrible move, IMO. As someone who likes Pacquiao I really hope he doesn't go for this fight. Even if he wins, he won't look good.

Regarding the size disparity, Crawford has a big frame at 135 with strong, wide shoulders and plenty of space to fill out.
          Crawford's walk around weight is 180 lbs. who would have thought. TC is a bigger man.

He is definitely a live dog. That's why I like it. Win lose or draw for Pac. He fought the best there is till the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Who are you talking to?

Mayweather had plenty of choices - Thurman, Porter, Brook, Garcia, Cotto rematch etc who were all better than Khan.

Fighting Khan would show that Pacquaio wants an easy knock out comeback. No one needs "balls" to fight Khan - that's pretty much everyone out there at 147 wants to fight him. Easy money, soft chin.

Crawford is far more deserving but to answer the thread - no he obviously wouldn't be the favourite.
            Yup khan is a joke. A glass jaw fighter automatically ends up in C class rating. Fix his jaw he can go up to B.

But a jaw is a jaw is a jaw. It can't be fixed. Khan will remain mediocre.

Comment

I'm guessing odds will close with Pacquiao a -300 favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                The betting odds are based on where people are going to be laying down their money so I can't speak to that. But, I would favor Crawford to beat Pac. This is a classic passing of the torch fight from old guard to new. Crawford is a step ahead of Pac in terms of speed and reflexes. He doesn't sit in the pocket waiting to get hit. It doesn't play well to Pac's style and is a terrible move, IMO. As someone who likes Pacquiao I really hope he doesn't go for this fight. Even if he wins, he won't look good.

Regarding the size disparity, Crawford has a big frame at 135 with strong, wide shoulders and plenty of space to fill out.
                Good analysis IMO.

This is a bad fight for Manny to go out on. Quite possibly a loss.

Arum knows Manny is done and the only way he'll make a Crawford fight is to use Pac as a "pass the torch" sacrifice. It's probably a little earlier than ?Arum was hoping it would happen but he knows Manny's time is up.

Bradley is a better fight for Pac and just as easy for Arum to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                  Crawford's walk around weight is 180 lbs. who would have thought. TC is a bigger man.

He is definitely a live dog. That's why I like it. Win lose or draw for Pac. He fought the best there is till the end.
                  No fkn kidding? I thought someone was going to argue with me about saying he has a big frame but when I look at the guy it's clear he's got that Tommy Hearns thing going on. Didn't expect 180 though! Wow.

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Good analysis IMO.

This is a bad fight for Manny to go out on. Quite possibly a loss.

Arum knows Manny is done and the only way he'll make a Crawford fight is to use Pac as a "pass the torch" sacrifice. It's probably a little earlier than ?Arum was hoping it would happen but he knows Manny's time is up.
                  Yea, I completely agree about Arum seeing it that way. It's an investment in Crawford. He's gotta sow those seeds. Even if he won't be around, it's his instinct as a business man. This reminds me of what many speculated Bradley was supposed to be but that didn't work out so great.

Personally, I would prefer Pac fight Provod. Sell it as a "fight for the fans" promising nonstop action. Good win for Pac to end on. I'm not even particularly interested in those two fighting but I don't like seeing legends get sacrificed.

Comment

Where is that guy therealpugilist aka Dontae? What say you?

Comment

@ 140 this fight will be close.

Comment

Working...
                      X