This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I agree that there should be advanced testing for every fight, whether it be VADA, USADA, or the commission pays for it. Ideally, I think the commission and the sanctioning bodies should pay for it.
    Yep, it's a joke letting promoters handle the drug testing.

There needs to be a federal law that in order to hold a sports combat license you're required to submit monthly testing so they can track your baseline levels and then do more extensive testing anytime they find anything elevated/depressed. Having everybody doing that would drop the costs due to economies of scale. For that matter, all professional athletes should have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      It's true, team Kovalev didn't bring up VADA on their own, and few fighters actually do for various reasons (guilty, hassle, cost).

But when it is brought and then rejected is when the fighters deserve to be criticized. That's what Cotto's doing and for no good reason. It's not like money is an issue, and drug testing should be required/expected anyways. Ironically 4 months from now Cotto would be required by the WBC to do this testing as part of the WBC's new rules.
      4 months from now cotto will be recovering in a hospital, no need to worry for that...

Comment

I agree that there should be advanced testing for every fight, whether it be VADA, USADA, or the commission pays for it. Ideally, I think the commission and the sanctioning bodies should pay for it.
        this right here 100%

Comment

It's not a good look to have no testing.
          I disagree. I think most don't care about this **** or care very lil about it &/or they quickly forget about it. I mean hell man guys get caught & they do their suspension & its all good when they comeback.

Most importantly I don't think people realize certain realities with PEDs & thats one of the main reasons I'm pro PEDs cuz I think its unreasonable to be able to stop the gains made by people who use PEDs with how things are currently thought about & done in boxing (plus as I've said numerous times I wanna be ringside for The Hulk vs The Thing in 20-30yrs, I love the idea of improved human performance via science).

1)You need year round testing for PED testing for it to mean anything. You can ***** & complain about the issues with getting that done, but the bottom line is testing means f#ck all for a specific fight as guys using most PEDs who are in possession of a working brain would use out of competition.

And 2)there have been studies that suggest using certain PEDs can have lasting if not lifelong athletically beneficial changes to the body. So if a guy used PEDs over a 6 month layoff (which most elite guys have had at some point) & cycled off before a fight to pass drug testing its possible that guy could be seeing benefits of that PED usage during that one layoff period for years to come. Once you don't catch him over a decent usage period he's potentially good for the rest of his athletic career.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/bo...-last-decades/

And those are just the two biggest realities I don't think people think about when all this sorta talk gets going on (besides PEDs don't make you Superman, there are guys getting KTFO & catching L's that are dirty, that UK HW is the best example). Everything you're talking about is virtually meaningless unless the fighters are stupid or careless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Yep, it's a joke letting promoters handle the drug testing.

There needs to be a federal law that in order to hold a sports combat license you're required to submit monthly testing so they can track your baseline levels and then do more extensive testing anytime they find anything elevated/depressed. Having everybody doing that would drop the costs due to economies of scale. For that matter, all professional athletes should have to.
            Yeah, it's never good to have the promoters pay for it.

So long as testing can prevent a fight from happening promoters are going to be reluctant to use it. No one wants the money f-cked with, even if the right thing is being done.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              this right here 100%
              i believe that WBC was trying to do that for this fight , but for some reason cotto-roc nation rejected ... if im not mistaken they enforced that for lucas-postol and lil G-Lepule, although a bit too late for the second fight... golden boy was involved for both fights and had no problem with it...

Comment

Just making a comparison.

The only agenda I have is getting Home Depot to shorten the range on their WIFI so you can't post from across the street on the corner.
                I'm only on the corner of Home Depot because your mom hasn't given me my money from the street corner she's working on.

Cotto is about to get whipped like all your black ancestors did from their white masters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  I disagree. I think most don't care about this **** or care very lil about it &/or they quickly forget about it. I mean hell man guys get caught & they do their suspension & its all good when they comeback.

Most importantly I don't think people realize certain realities with PEDs & thats one of the main reasons I'm pro PEDs cuz I think its unreasonable to be able to stop the gains made by people who use PEDs with how things are currently thought about & done in boxing (plus as I've said numerous times I wanna be ringside for The Hulk vs The Thing in 20-30yrs, I love the idea of improved human performance via science).

1)You need year round testing for PED testing for it to mean anything. You can ***** & complain about the issues with getting that done, but the bottom line is testing means f#ck all for a specific fight as guys using most PEDs who are in possession of a working brain would use out of competition.

And 2)there have been studies that suggest using certain PEDs can have lasting if not lifelong athletically beneficial changes to the body. So if a guy used PEDs over a 6 month layoff (which most elite guys have had at some point) & cycled off before a fight to pass drug testing its possible that guy could be seeing benefits of that PED usage during that one layoff period for years to come. Once you don't catch him over a decent usage period he's potentially good for the rest of his athletic career.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/bo...-last-decades/

And those are just the two biggest realities I don't think people think about when all this sorta talk gets going on (besides PEDs don't make you Superman, there are guys getting KTFO & catching L's that are dirty, that UK HW is the best example). Everything you're talking about is virtually meaningless unless the fighters are stupid or careless.
                  I think alot of people agree with you and Golovkin regarding PED's. IN many ways its like legalizing marijuana-the benefits outweigh the negatives.

I think year around testing is the right thing to do, but that would get extremely expensive given the number of registered pro fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                    Cold!!!

Home Depot Tribe!
                    It'll take more than some spook behind a keyboard making Home Depot jokes to burn me queer.

Besides, Home Depot jokes just go to show we're hard workers, unlike blacks who have the highest unemployment, welfare and drug use rates.

Don't get me started on you faggot Puto Ricans. Dirty ass mother fuckers.

Comment

• If TBE got away with it and get paid millions of dollars for it, why can't the others? Penalize TBE by exposing him as a cheat and make him give back the money he took, then I'd be all ears.

Comment

Working...
                      X