Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cuenca-Troyanovksy Early Results From Kazan, Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Afolabi! I've enjoyed watching him for years now and had no doubt he'd take care of Chakhkiev. I'd love to see him get one more shot at a world title and I think he will before it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      Overrated as hell. I was never impressed, only Thing he has is power. no skill, no defense. And Chakhiev has no Ring-IQ and a glass chin. I watched the whole Card, nice boxing-event!

managed to watch the last 3 fights - agreed - very good card!

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        Glad to see the Nigerians getting the knockouts.... we're normally on the wrong end of those lol.
        Tell me about it. It's been rough out here for us.

Comment

Hahahaha, can't believe some actually compared Chakhiev and Kudryashov to Usyk in terms of levels.

Comment

Surprising results. Are the poverty-stricken streets of Nigeria going to become the next boxing hotbed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bram View Post
              Good for Afolabi! I've enjoyed watching him for years now and had no doubt he'd take care of Chakhkiev. I'd love to see him get one more shot at a world title and I think he will before it's over.
              Were they not competing for an IBF no.1 or no.2 spot today ? Chakhkiev appears to have vacated the WBC silver belt, which Kudryashov's victor now holds. Durodola should be no.1 challenger now I believe, I have no idea when Drozd has to defend by.

Comment

Fuuuuuuk sake. I was going to bet on Ola to win this but I thought it was on later.

Well done Ola!

Comment

Originally posted by Greed. View Post
                  Hilarious watching him try and shoulder roll but getting hit with everything
                  Steve Bunce after the fight: "Why didn't he adjust and bring that left hand up higher? I'd like to know how many boxers have been knocked out with that low left hand over the last 5 years"

Unless you have the footwork and reflexes of a Mayweather, or the instinctive upper body movement of a James Toney, what the shoulder roll "defence" amounts to is giving your opponent free shots at the side of your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                    Were they not competing for an IBF no.1 or no.2 spot today ? Chakhkiev appears to have vacated the WBC silver belt, which Kudryashov's victor now holds. Durodola should be no.1 challenger now I believe, I have no idea when Drozd has to defend by.
                    I actually think they were fighting for an IBO belt. I don't know if it was also an eliminator for someone else.

Comment

not anytime soon. i was one of durodola sparring parters. h trained hard he is fit he is strong punches extremely hard and has a great chin. i just ox around him i never brawl no point its the only way to beat him. kudryashov should have done research mchunu put the blueprint out and he should have adjusted the only way lane could win this fight ws by knockout and kudryashov was not ready to take a step back either.
                      training in nigeria will only guarantee one thing toughness if you go in a toughness kind of battle they all always win but no technical training here its poor. will take a while to catch up hopefully i will have hand in training coaches and bringing in experts to train coaches as here its al about toughness brawn not intelligence . so we get found out at the top level. lack of exposure. one dimensional. also brawling is encouraged at the gyms.

Comment

Working...
                      X