No announcement yet.

The 24/7 Floyd: Who else misses him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 24/7 Floyd: Who else misses him?

Man, those 24/7 episodes used to be great. Surely I can't be the only one who misses watching "Pretty Boy" Floyd / early "Money May" promotion the hell out of a fight? I was entertained watching the ****y Mayweather cuss Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Marquez.

What happened to that ****? Promotional events leading up to a fight are too 'professional' these days man.

The fights of course were not as great, but there is no denying, whether you loved him or hate him, the 24/7 ****y Mayweather was a blast to watch.

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
    Man, those 24/7 episodes used to be great. Surely I can't be the only one who misses watching "Pretty Boy" Floyd / early "Money May" promotion the hell out of a fight? I was entertained watching the ****y Mayweather cuss Oscar, Hatton, Mosley and Marquez.

What happened to that ****? Promotional events leading up to a fight are too 'professional' these days man.

The fights of course were not as great, but there is no denying, whether you loved him or hate him, the 24/7 ****y Mayweather was a blast to watch.
    A lot of people hate that Floyd and many of them have it seared into their minds that the character he portrays on television is who he really is in real life. I used to not like Floyd's trash talking but it grew on me. He had the excellent gameplan: Talk a lot of trash, show off, be flamboyant so people buy his fights hoping he will lose and he's played those suckers to no end.

If he comes back next year and faces an opponent people believe can beat him they'll pay their money like they always have in hopes to see him lose.

Comment

What happened to them?

He made his money.
      He went to jail.
      He doesn't have the same passion for Boxing as he used back then.

Comment

Oh hell no they were just bad reality tv episodes. Why would anyone miss that all he did was do the same thing over and over again. No thanks. Glad there are no more episodes of Floyd and friends

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
          Oh hell no they were just bad reality tv episodes. Why would anyone miss that all he did was do the same thing over and over again. No thanks. Glad there are no more episodes of Floyd and friends
          It was entertaining. Build up to fights today are boring and overly professional. The character that Floyd portrayed got people watching him.

Comment

No. Floyd's trash talk is corny. I'd much rather watch a 24/7 of Broner.

His character appeals to the lowest dregs of society. Dummies who think he's "cool" and other dummies who get so worked up by his antics that they pay to see him lose.

The best 24/7 he ever had was with Hatton and that was mainly down to Hatton and the contrast between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              A lot of people hate that Floyd and many of them have it seared into their minds that the character he portrays on television is who he really is in real life. I used to not like Floyd's trash talking but it grew on me. He had the excellent gameplan: Talk a lot of trash, show off, be flamboyant so people buy his fights hoping he will lose and he's played those suckers to no end.

If he comes back next year and faces an opponent people believe can beat him they'll pay their money like they always have in hopes to see him lose.
              Of course. I didn't particularly like the image that Floyd portrayed back then, but it kept me watching. The shows that HBO and Showtime televise now are boring af.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post

People will pay for sure. The reason his fight with Berto did poorly is because the promotion sucked and everyone, even casual fans knew Berto stood no chance. Mayweather tried to sell that fight on being his retirement fight alone and people just didn't care as much.

Mayweather isn't Tyson. People won't pay just to see him perform, people pay cause they don't like him and want to see him lose. And Floyd is the master at playing the selling game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
                  It was entertaining. Build up to fights today are boring and overly professional. The character that Floyd portrayed got people watching him.
                  Sorry but they were far from entertaining. I preferred Showtimes fight camp 360 over this bad reality tv.
                  Last edited by imperial1; 11-02-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    No. Floyd's trash talk is corny. I'd much rather watch a 24/7 of Broner.

His character appeals to the lowest dregs of society. Dummies who think he's "cool" and other dummies who get so worked up by his antics that they pay to see him lose.

The best 24/7 he ever had was with Hatton and that was mainly down to Hatton and the contrast between the two.
                    I am not saying that I liked the character, but his character made a build up to a fight interesting and entertaining. Just to clarify.

Comment

Working...
                    X