No announcement yet.

The 24/7 Floyd: Who else misses him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
    I am not saying that I liked the character, but his character made a build up to a fight interesting and entertaining. Just to clarify.
    I didn't find him interesting or entertaining at all. Corny and repetitive more like.

He barely said or did anything original in every series of the show. Same **** all the time. Look at muh money, look at muh cars, look at muh watches, look at these hoes who are on the payroll.

Comment

We will never see another Floyd Mayweather in our lifetime, I think 24/7 is one of the best highlights of his career, he took promotion to a whole new level, the so called "boring" fighter had people glued to the TV and had them paying to see him fight/lose.

24/7 when Floyd was in it was the best boxing series that I've ever seen, I understand older people not liking it, but for a young man in his early 20s I absolutely loved it. Everything about that show was excellent, the music, the narration, the build up story, the trash talk, the daily lives of the fighters, everything was just perfect and very exciting, I tried to watch that show called road to Golovkin vs Lemieux and I swear to god I fell asleep after 4 minutes.

All access wasn't as good though, especially after the Canelo fight, the all acess episodes for the Maidana, Pacquiao and Berto fights kinda sucked to be honest, very repititive and not innovative, 24/7 was just fantastic.

Comment

Same recycled crap over and over again.

Only the Hatton and dela hoya ones were good.

The showtime ones were embarrassing.

Comment

What is there to miss? Every 24/7 was just like the last. Floyd talking about his money, his cars, and how x amount have tried and x amount have failed. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

No, it was cringeworthy and depressing

Comment

Anybody who found Floyd 'interesting' in 24/7 needs their sanity checked.

Floyd's 'Money' personality was (and is) the dullest, most cliched and stupid marketing spin ever made.

However,

It worked a treat and pulled in Billions $$$ Many liters of Kool Aid were raised in adulation when Floyd appeared on 24/7.

'Dats right doe, he one smart bidness man doe'

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                We will never see another Floyd Mayweather in our lifetime, I think 24/7 is one of the best highlights of his career, he took promotion to a whole new level, the so called "boring" fighter had people glued to the TV and had them paying to see him fight/lose.

24/7 when Floyd was in it was the best boxing series that I've ever seen, I understand older people not liking it, but for a young man in his early 20s I absolutely loved it. Everything about that show was excellent, the music, the narration, the build up story, the trash talk, the daily lives of the fighters, everything was just perfect and very exciting, I tried to watch that show called road to Golovkin vs Lemieux and I swear to god I fell asleep after 4 minutes.

All access wasn't as good though, especially after the Canelo fight, the all acess episodes for the Maidana, Pacquiao and Berto fights kinda sucked to be honest, very repititive and not innovative, 24/7 was just fantastic.

you must also like corny rap videos if you felt this was fantastic !

Comment

He is a great fighter and he is retiring at the right time. To each his own. Most of his fights were not that exciting to me and listening to him brag on 24\7 wasn't for me. It was interesting to watch his boxing skills on display when he fought. If he comes back his skills won't be as good. Nobody beats getting older and losing speed and reactions.

Comment

What happened? At first it was his words that sold the fight, later it was his name; no words needed.

He did say one thing that rang true in one of his early 24/7, in fact it might have been countdown to Gatti/Mayweather;

"I talk a lot of ****, but I can back it up."
                    Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 11-02-2015, 12:10 PM.

Comment

:wank:

Im glad you made this thread op. Ive been wanting to for weeks.
                      Im not gonna lie,Almost evertime I read or hear his name I look for a spot and let ok one off.

For some reason I always say
                      Shoulder roll this over and over

Comment

Working...
                      X