Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Dominant Performance, Jones Vs Pazienza or Mayweather vs Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for the Jones beating but they were both one sided slaughters so take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
      Jones vs pazienza

Pazienza is a better fighter then gatti ever was. gatti was a carefully calculated matchmaking. Used for his name for a ppv.
      Gatti was already through wars and beat down by other fighters like oscar.

Nobody ever did that to pazienza.roy taunted him while beating him. If roy had to ever fight floyd being the same size , he would have embarrassed floyd.

Floyd was the naturally bigger fighter vs gatti.Reach height .
      i've ALWAYS thought this same exact notion.
      if mayweather EVER had to fight a fighter like Roy Jones Jr in their PRIME he would've gotten beat pretty soundly. BUT a RJJ type of fighter is only born once in a CENTURY so mayweather did what he did against the type of opponents available to him and in his weight classes in his generation

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
        i've ALWAYS thought this same exact notion.
        if mayweather EVER had to fight a fighter like Roy Jones Jr in their PRIME he would've gotten beat pretty soundly. BUT a RJJ type of fighter is only born once in a CENTURY so mayweather did what he did against the type of opponents available to him and in his weight classes in his generation
        I think Roy would have the slight edge in speed and power but he would be behind when it came to technique and fundamentals. A relatively green Bernard Hopkins gave Roy a run for his money in his prime so I don't see how a superior fighter in Floyd wouldn't have had even more success.

Comment

Two mismatches really ..Vinny at least made some noise while Gatti was boxing' punching bag..

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            Two mismatches really ..Vinny at least made some noise while Gatti was boxing' punching bag..
            But you still chose Jones' fight as the more dominating in the poll?

Comment

[QUOTE=Johnwoo8686;16186656]But you still chose Jones' fight as the more dominating in the poll?[/QUOTE

I actually meant to chose Gatti Floyd I mean the fight didn't even go past 6 ..

Comment

[QUOTE=imperial1;16186676]
                Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                But you still chose Jones' fight as the more dominating in the poll?[/QUOTE

I actually meant to chose Gatti Floyd I mean the fight didn't even go past 6 ..
                Understood

Comment

Pazienza had zero business being in the ring with Roy or at that weight class. I mean this guy lost to Roger Mayweather at 140, why the hell is he fighting prime Jones at 168 years later.

Gatti had no chance vs mayweather but atleast it was at his natural weight class.

A lot people forget that at 140 was about the last time mayweather had real power. Not like Jones but he was a puncher at 130-135 and at 140 he was still getting stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                    Pazienza had zero business being in the ring with Roy or at that weight class. I mean this guy lost to Roger Mayweather at 140, why the hell is he fighting prime Jones at 168 years later.

Gatti had no chance vs mayweather but atleast it was at his natural weight class.

A lot people forget that at 140 was about the last time mayweather had real power. Not like Jones but he was a puncher at 130-135 and at 140 he was still getting stoppages.
                    I agree but your argument is which is the better win (clearly Gatti). As far as more dominant performance I'd say Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Both fights were equally lopsided. But Mayweather moved up in weight to fight Gatti while Roy was fighting a former 130 lb champion.
                      That's a good point..

Comment

Working...
                      X