Whats the most powerful punch in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the most powerful punch in boxing

As in total force. Total power.

It has to come from the right side left hooks etc don't get the same amount of torque or distance to build up speed when compared with the right side punches.

So its either.

A straight right [can be overhand cross]

A right uppercut [can be shovel hook]

or

A right Hook [can be overhand]

I think its the right hook, however not the textbook right hook thrown with the elbow at 90 degrees, its the longer ranged version, although it has slightly worse structure behind it, it gets a shed load of time to build up speed momentum and power, and the overhand version gets a helping hand from gravity.

From testing on the bag, its that punch that feels the most powerful and sounds the most powerful, I get the impression its the most concussive, and I can throw the straight right and right uppercut properly using the legs etc

The punch you don't see. The one that comes over or under your defense.
    Hence boxers wanting different color gloves, one reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      This.

I'm currently having images of Lennox Lewis vs Oliver Mccall 1 replaying itself in my head as I post this.

Comment

This. [b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b]

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          This.

I'm currently having images of Lennox Lewis vs Oliver Mccall 1 replaying itself in my head as I post this.
          I know right? Blasted him out of his socks. That was a great shot. See the was Lewis' head bounced off the canvas. That was right over a lazy left guard, if I remember correctly?

But the crying McCall is the one I remember too.

LMAO!

Comment

I know right? Blasted him out of his socks. That was a great shot. See the was Lewis' head bounced off the canvas. That was right over a lazy left guard, if I remember correctly?

But the crying McCall is the one I remember too.

LMAO!
            We can't forget Lewis vs Rahman 1 either. Lennox got blasted into oblivion despite returning the favor in the rematch.

Comment

Left hook or right cross are usually the ones I see destroying most guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                We can't forget Lewis vs Rahman 1 either. Lennox got blasted into oblivion despite returning the favor in the rematch.
                That was an atomic shot!! Great stuff.

Comment

Nothing better than well timed and correctly thrown left hook. If it hits the right spot it's lights out.

Comment

but i think OP is asking in terms of physical power, not affective power... so actual power output lol. id go with overhand right.

Comment

Working...
                    X