Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most powerful punch in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From pure physics point of view the most powerful punch is the straight cross, because of the leverage and because more stable body and arm position at the impact.
    Last edited by Helm; 10-31-2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

pure physics point of view I would back the overhand. It utilizes most of your pulling muscles and is based on implosive power.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        pure physics point of view I would back the overhand. It utilizes most of your pulling muscles and is based on implosive power.
        that's you tube science not real science, there are no explosions or implosions in boxing,

all muscles are pulling muscles, all muscles work when the muscle fibres contract or shrink/shorten, pulling the bones into whatever movement you do, even a push

id back the over hand long hook because it travels the longest distance, fact,

which allows it to build up more speed fact,

and you transfer the same bodyweight/slightly more due to the coming down with gravity arc, as well as the transfer of weight from foot to foot, fact

more weight and more speed = more power, fact

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
          From pure physics point of view the most powerful punch is the straight cross, because of the leverage and because more stable body and arm position at the impact.
          you raise a good point about the stable solid arm and body position at impact, but how is the leverage any better than the leverage of any other right handed punch they all have the same core mechanics that fuel a different arm position.........

Comment

Originally posted by BillyNoMates View Post
            you raise a good point about the stable solid arm and body position at impact, but how is the leverage any better than the leverage of any other right handed punch they all have the same core mechanics that fuel a different arm position.........
            No, the straight has the arm locked, at the appropriate distance there is little to no give and it's resting on your shoulder, a right hook/overhand doesn't have the shoulder to fall back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              The punch you don't see. The one that comes over or under your defense.
              Hence boxers wanting different color gloves, one reason.

Comment

Depends on the boxer

Ones u don't see coming seem to hurt more

Comment

Originally posted by splitsecond View Post
                  no, the straight has the arm locked, at the appropriate distance there is little to no give and it's resting on your shoulder, a right hook/overhand doesn't have the shoulder to fall back on.
                  helm u answer this, the brain dead trolls r tryin to get me lol,

Comment

Originally posted by BillyNoMates View Post
                    Yes the body movement is similar, but with the straight punch you can use your full leverage without losing balance and suffering the recoil.

Try to go against a wall and push with your fist or your palm against the wall while standing like you are trowing a right cross, you are able to push with your body weight very efficently

Now turn yourself a bit (or find a corner which protrudes out) and try to do the same with the hook position, it is more difficult to push against the wall and you tend to lose balance because you have no leverage on your side that can absorb the recoil and push against it

That means that with a right cross you can transfer almost all the kinetic energy to your target while crushing into it with your body weight and your back foot, while with the hook when you hit the target some of the energy comes back at you like a little recoil. (action - reaction)
                    Last edited by Helm; 10-31-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
                      Yes the body movement is similar, but with the straight punch you can use your full leverage without losing balance and suffering the recoil.

Try to go against a wall and push with your fist or your palm against the wall while standing like you are trowing a right cross, you are able to push with your body weight very efficently

Now turn yourself a bit (or find a corner which protrudes out) and try to do the same with the hook position, it is more difficult to push against the wall and you tend to lose balance because you have no leverage on your side that can absorb the recoil and push against it

That means that with a right cross you can transfer almost all the kinetic energy to your target while crushing into it with your body weight and your back foot, while with the hook when you hit the target some of the energy comes back at you like a little recoil. (action - reaction)
                      I think I see what you mean, so its basically your body structure and its use of the ground that transmits the force produced more efficiently, and its this efficiency ie little loss of power that makes it the hardest punch in your estimate, since all right sided punches have a similar amount of force to begin with, the one that transmits that force with minimal wastage is the most powerful punch.

Do you mean coming forward with the punch almost like a step without taking a step, or do you mean forward drive from the rear leg/

I have a counter idea.

I think at high speeds and at a high level of power the kinetic energy behaves differently than it does at slow speeds for example when you push against a wall. I think/ know that power is transferred more efficiently at higher speeds so you don't need such a good structure behind the punch, I never find myself coming off balance when I throw a powerful hook although I do if I try to push in a hooking motion against the heavy bag.

On top of that the straight right is turning rotational force into linear force and I think some energy is lost there. Where as the hook is purely rotational.

Lastly theres a much longer time for the hook to build up speed, and more weight behind it if its the overhand version.

So I respectfully disagree, although who knows who is right. I look forward to your come back ]]]
                      Last edited by BillyNoMates; 10-31-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X