Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    It's not a theory you Internet educated feral ******.
    The racist guy can name call over the internet. Impressive.

It's one of the very first things you learn in any marketing class, the reason I know this is because I worked for years in sports marketing and have a masters in marketing. I've worked ipfor boxing promoters and worked on UFC products.
    LOL okay.

The reason UFC gets so much money for there ratings, despite not being very impressive, is because they market to young WHITE males.

This target audience is considered one if the hardest groups to reach, but are highly valuable to marketers because of there excess income.
    So target audience is a code word for white people lol. So you gotta get white people watching so your advertisers can jump into the bigger pile of white people money basically. Okay. I can understand that. Idk anything about who's watching UFC, but I definitely think its safe to assume hockey has a bunch of white dudes watching it so that makes some sense. And boxing surely has a bunch of brown people money in it so that'd seem like a middle ground of sorts.

Now why don't you learn something before running your mouth again. You and none of the people talking About PBC as if it isn't a complete failure have a clue what your talking about.
    Don't get all uppity cuz you actually said one thing that makes some sense in your long ignorant posting history. I'll still take the over on PBC vs the going outta business sale your see just around the corner prolly sense PBC's inception.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Don't bother with that guy. He just repeats himself and then accuses you of not understanding. And than he will post a 7 month old article and say read it, as if it still has any relevance.

PBC has blown through over 300$ million, yet have 0 assets, and plummeting ratings, they are literally worthless by business standards.

"PBC is doing fine bro, you don't know what your talking about, it's part of the plan."

These dudes are clowns.
      What a plan if this is it. Lose 300 million for sweet **** all ratings and they're succeeding??!! Some fools will swallow anything, fcking Pelicans lol

Comment

• Originally posted by saint laurent
        El Blanco -

Al Haymon graduated from Harvard business school. Al Haymon is one of the most successful R&B promoters of all time. Al Haymon manages the world's highest paid athlete. He is one of the smartest and most successful people in all of sports and entertainment.

What are your credentials exactly?

I only ask because Al Haymon, one of the smartest and most successful people in all of sports and entertainment, has been given HALF A BILLION DOLLARS to create a TV series a network would want to pay for.

I'm just wondering why you're so convinced that somebody with such an incredible track record of success and so much funding can't manage to land a TV deal three years from now . . .
        Everything you said is correct. However, every great businessman has had some failures along the way. Nobody bats .1000 so we will see.

Comment

El Blanco -

Al Haymon graduated from Harvard business school. Al Haymon is one of the most successful R&B promoters of all time. Al Haymon manages the world's highest paid athlete. He is one of the smartest and most successful people in all of sports and entertainment.

What are your credentials exactly?

I only ask because Al Haymon, one of the smartest and most successful people in all of sports and entertainment, has been given HALF A BILLION DOLLARS to create a TV series a network would want to pay for.

I'm just wondering why you're so convinced that somebody with such an incredible track record of success and so much funding can't manage to land a TV deal three years from now . . .
          I thought he got out of the music business because he kept on getting sued by the talent?

Comment

PK -

Exactly. I'm not saying Haymon will surely succeed, but it's baffling that this early in the process, some are already declaring that he definitely won't.

In less than a year, the dude got TV on every major network in the country! There's never been anything like it. The average sports fan barely pays attention to boxing. Some people here are seriously underestimating the affect of THREE YEARS of NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN, FS1, Spike, NBC Sports, etc etc telling casual fans that boxing = PBC.

HBO can shout whatever they want from their top of their lungs, but after three years of EVERY MAJOR NETWORK vs HBO, HBO will be drowned out.

Mathed -

Why did you think that?

Haymon was a Live Nation promoter and LN paid 9 figures to buy him out.

Some of you guys seriously have zero understanding of just how successful Haymon was before ever even getting involved in boxing. He was the #1 R&B promoter for a very very long time. When SFX (now LN) rolled all of the local promoters together, Haymon made a fortune.
            He's spending more than he is making man, upstart or not, losing money the way PBC is right now isn't part of any company's business plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              God damn you're a dumb. The only way to sustain this is if the network offers a deal. Haymon cannot prop this up forever with hedge fund money. And the networks are not gonna pay 50x for 2x the ratings, or worse
              Haymon has already paid for what basically amounts to 3 years of TV time across the basket of networks, a payout, mind you, that you and others like you on this site have used to harp the doom of PBC.

For the next three years, PBC will sustain, for the simple fact that the time is already paid for. Come 2018, decisions will have to be made.

PBC, as an entity and in the most broad terms, will be offering a channel 30 first-run broadcasts of live sports, featuring boxing's deepest talent stable (assumption is that the ESPN Saturday Night Fights monthly deal, in addition to the SpikeTV Friday Night Lights Out monthly deal, continue on), every year.

The UFC picked up $100m per year from Fox to air, what has basically amounted to 40 events per year (for a sport with only a 30 year history and nowhere near the amount of mainstream attention as folks want to believe; ratings aside, the move has basically allowed Fox to build FS1 into the semblance of a channel that folks actually tune into.

If PBC keeps that 18-49 audience tuning in (proving that the audience for boxing is real), their bidding process will likely start at $100m (unlike the UFC, any broadcaster that gets the deal won't miss out on 12-13 of the top showdowns due to PPV).

What makes you think that CBS Sports Network, NBCSN, or Fox Sports(even still) wouldn't want the opportunity to brand their channels as destination points for boxing fans (with Fox Sports simply being the destination for combat sports), with the parent networks having their part in things as well?

You can't just compare it to some re-run of COPS; only an unknowing person is that ******.

Comment

• you guys are fools. the money is about to roll in

fredrick lawson-kevin bizier

charlo-comefort

edwin rodriguez-michael seals

lara-zaveck

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  LOL @ you always mentioning reality shows cuz of the ROI. But fair play.

The reality is NBC is currently paying the NHL $200M a year over 10 years (a $2B deal) to show hockey games. Over the last 5 years on NBC they've been averaging 1.4M-1.6M viewers per game for regular season games. The NHL games on NBC Sports have averaged 300k-400k viewers per game over the same 5 year period. The NHL finals bumps their ratings from 3M-6M viewers average, again over the last 5 years. Games have been as low as 1.7M viewers to as high as 8.2M viewers (typically ratings go up greatly on game 7's).

The UFC currently has a 7 year deal with Fox worth over $600M @ $90M a year. They've been hitting 2M-3M for most of that deal with a few 4M+ hits early on in the first 18mos.

Thus far PBC on NBC has had between 2.2M to 4.2M viewers for their primetime shows. The NBC Sports shows seem to average around 300k. They just made a deal with Fox that starts on Jan. 23 so will have some figures for how they compare with the UFC soon.

But the point is I don't see a ton of disparity in most of these numbers & NBC says the NHL's numbers are worth $200M a year & the UFC's are worth $90M a year. If you don't think PBC can secure a multi year half a billion type deal based on this info I think you are being overly critic of the sport of boxing & its success in comparison to what other sports are doing.
                  ^^^this, largely

personally, if the audience proves out, I think the UFC deal is going to be the floor for any PBC deal (Fox misses out on a baker's dozen of the UFC's top matches, every year, due to PPV; that number likely gets cut to 2-3 PPVs for whatever broadcaster gets PBC).

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    you guys are fools. the money is about to roll in

fredrick lawson-kevin bizier

charlo-comefort

edwin rodriguez-michael seals

lara-zaveck
                    Lol

Probably the best fight he can put together is Thurman vs Porter and no one knows who they are unless they're a forum degenerate like us hahaha

These investment fools have been made idiots out of and will be gone as soon as they possibly can be.

Comment

• pac=duran,it almost seems as if ur trying to convince urself that haymon/PBC is a massive failure at this point

u arent even trying

Comment

Working...
                      X