Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Will never work... They needed to lock down one channel and do a weekly program... Follow the blueprint of wwe or bellator

What they are trying to do, is give every channel a chance and hope one bites, but in reality, you can't build an audience when your on a random channel, at random times, on random days...

Pbc is on Saturday afternoons, Saturday nights, Friday nights, random weekday, all on different channels... Literally impossible to build an audience that way..
    Bellator and wwe have built big followings because they are on the same channel, same time, same day every week.. Pbc needs to do the same
    Exactly. This is what in my opinion is hurting them the most! The fact that they're all over the place. Let's take the show empire or walking dead for example. Both are huge hits with massive following. Now instead of having them on them on their respected channels at the same time and day of the week, let put these shows on different channels on different dates and times of the week. Both these shows will lose 75% of thier audience. Like any product. The consumer wants consistency. They want to know that they can tune into x channel on x day and at x time to watch boxing.
    Last edited by Deevel916; 10-29-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Overall, if I was in a focus group I'd have generally positive attitude about it

there are different types of fans though. Some can't be bothered watching prospects, they want to know when the next big fight is, when is the best vs the coming on, champ vs champ they want those fights. They don't want to hear midway through the fight that the opponent was working as a chippendale earlier in the week. That's PAc=Duran, thats the type of fan he is nothing wrong with it. we're all fans just coming at it differently
      That's it man. It's an insult to my intelligence to try and tell me this boxing show is better than SHO/HBO when the match ups are far far worse on average, the commentary is twice as annoying and on top of all this you have to sit through adverts.

People who enjoy PBC in my eyes are the same kind who would rather eat McDonalds constantly rather than eat steak because it's cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        Exactly. This is what in my opinion is hurting them the most! The fact that they're all over the place. Let's take the show empire or walking dead for example. Both are huge hits with massive following. Now instead of having them on them on their respected channels at the same time and day of the week, let put these shows in different channels on and different dates and times of the week. Both these shows will lose 75% of thier audience. Like any product. The consumer wants consistency.
        Too late now buddy. They lost hundreds of millions and they get shlt ratings. It's over lol

No one will go near Haymon ever again.

Comment

• These fanboys keep saying "free tv" to cover up the fact it's dog ****...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Exactly. This is what in my opinion is hurting them the most! The fact that they're all over the place. Let's take the show empire or walking dead for example. Both are huge hits with massive following. Now instead of having them on them on their respected channels at the same time and day of the week, let put these shows in different channels on and different dates and times of the week. Both these shows will lose 75% of thier audience. Like any product. The consumer wants consistency. They want to know that they can tune into x channel on x day and at x time to watch boxing.
            Exactly.... Just do what wwe and bellator have done...

Same channel, same night, same time... Very easy formula

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Exactly.... Just do what wwe and bellator have done...

Same channel, same night, same time... Very easy formula
              PBC is beyond shlt, how can you support poor matches, poor commentary plus commercials on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                These fanboys keep saying "free tv" to cover up the fact it's dog ****...
                These are the same type of people to stand in line for an hour for a free t shirt or free snacks just because it's FREE.

Comment

• PBC will live forever. I don't understand how people can hate FREE FREE FREE boxing on LOCAL television with ZERO SUBSCRIPTION, the more boxing the better. They hate Haymon because he's associated with Mayweather they want to see fail behind the man that's revolutionizing and bringing free boxing. Deep throat it fu.kkers PBC will live on.
                  Last edited by AP♠; 10-29-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                    That's it man. It's an insult to my intelligence to try and tell me this boxing show is better than SHO/HBO when the match ups are far far worse on average, the commentary is twice as annoying and on top of all this you have to sit through adverts.

People who enjoy PBC in my eyes are the same kind who would rather eat McDonalds constantly rather than eat steak because it's cheaper.
                    The matchmaking on Pbc is no different than matchmaking on sho/hbo.. So,e goods fights with some showcase fights..

But that's pbc's problem,,, they need to be like an mma organization and make the best possible fights everytime, even if it's inhouse, instead of being the traditional boxing matchmaker and have a lot of showcase fights...
                    Pbc has thurman, Porter, khan, garcia, spence, Maidana, etc and the only fight they delivered was thurman-ghost... If ran like a mma promotion, we would have had garcia-khan 2, winner fighting thurman/ghost winner,,,, with Porter vs Maidana,etc.... Make your stable of fighters fight each other,, showcase fights do no good for the most parts, and should only be for guys like spence or Dominic wade to establish themselves on TV...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
                      PBC is beyond shlt, how can you support poor matches, poor commentary plus commercials on top?
                      How can you support hbo/sho crap match ups... How is Pbc any different from what we have been getting from premium networks for years.. The only difference is I don't have to pay for crap Pbc matchups like I do hbo/sho..

And how can you say
                      Thurman/ghost
                      Mares/lsc
                      Degale/dirrell
                      Porter/broner
                      Are crap matchups...

Who the **** has Golovkin, Kovolev, roman fought this year????

Comment

Working...
                      X