Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Hymie has too many networks. Wasn't there a card on Syfy or some ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Oh I see. So you wanted to get into a fanboy debate. It's a boxing forum so that's cool but you're comparing apples to oranges. So even a fanboy debate wouldn't work here. Besides, I thought you were genuinely trying to understand their release
      Dude in the most unbiased posters on here. I have been known to call out bs when I see it. I've been called a Floyd fanboy by the pac fanboys and a pac fanboy by Floyd fanboys. I genuinely understand what the release meant. All I'm saying is most on here that are my worried about the numbers release about this thread and are praising that it will succeed are the same ones who were adamant about GGG PPV being a flop. All I'm saying is they both flopped and why can't you admit it since you called the ggg PPV a flop.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        Dude in the most unbiased posters on here. I have been known to call out bs when I see it. I've been called a Floyd fanboy by the pac fanboys and a pac fanboy by Floyd fanboys. I genuinely understand what the release meant. All I'm saying is most on here that are my worried about the numbers release about this thread and are praising that it will succeed are the same ones who were adamant about GGG PPV being a flop. All I'm saying is they both flopped and why can't you admit it since you called the ggg PPV a flop.
        Yes, you're unbias shows in your rational comparison.

Comment

What are you saying? You said they need to put on consistently great fights. I said that's not possible. For anyone. Heck, you can't even predict that. You then said they haven't put on any great fights. I said they've put on more than any other platform. Now I'm hearing, yeah but they aren't other networks and it needs to be "different." Whatever that means. It already is different btw but we're just going to keep moving the goalpost, I assume.
          It probably came off wrong because I was typing on my phone real quick but it's the same thing I've been saying for a while - they need to constantly make good fights with some great fights here and there. I didn't mean every single fight should be great. I'm also saying they haven't made many good fights and zero great fights, and the overall product hasn't been that good.

Showtime has been dreadful for a while so it's not hard to do better than them and HBO has a smaller talent pool to work with and even so, they've done better than PBC in my opinion. The reason why it has to be better is because PBC is all time buys. HBO pays the promoters and puts up the cash and its marketed to people who obviously have HBO. When PBC is spending hundreds of millions of dollars of investors money with hardly any return, don't you think in order to sustain that the model has to be a lot different than what HBO is doing? They can't keep putting together Friday Night Fights types of cards and expect this to be successful. There should be something to be excited about and what gets the boxing world excited? Good fights and good cards. Putting boxing on TV just to have boxing on TV isn't exciting if the fights aren't any good, or its only good once in a while. They have a very small window so I never understood why they didn't go all out and why they held back on making better fights.
          Last edited by ИATAS; 10-29-2015, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            It probably came off wrong because I was typing on my phone real quick but it's the same thing I've been saying for a while - they need to constantly make good fights with some great fights here and there. I didn't mean every single fight should be great. I'm also saying they haven't made many good fights and zero great fights, and the overall product hasn't been that good.

Showtime has been dreadful for a while so it's not hard to do better than them and HBO has a smaller talent pool to work with and even so, they've done better than PBC in my opinion. The reason why it has to be better is because PBC is all time buys. HBO pays the promoters and puts up the cash and its marketed to people who obviously have HBO. When PBC is spending hundreds of millions of dollars of investors money with hardly any return, don't you think in order to sustain that the model has to be a lot different than what HBO is doing? They can't keep putting together Friday Night Fights types of cards and expect this to be successful. There should be something to be excited about and what gets the boxing world excited? Good fights and good cards. Putting boxing on TV just to have boxing on TV isn't exciting if the fights aren't any good, or its only good once in a while. They have a very small window so I never understood why they didn't go all out and why they held back on making better fights.
            No one can constantly make good fights with great in between. That's just insane. Never been done in the history of boxing, never will.

Comment

• boxing fans ~ "we want boxing on free tv, no more paying subs to hbo/showtime please!"

al haymon ~ "sure, i can do that,ill put on great fights on various networks such as cbs,nbc,nbcs,espn,bounce,spike,FS1,and even showtime if u want to keep it"

boxing fans ~ "uuuhhhh oohh well not by you,i was hoping someone else could do it..."

smh

Comment

No one can constantly make good fights with great in between. That's just insane. Never been done in the history of boxing, never will.
                Look, if you want to argue semantics and what qualifies as "good fights"; go for it, but my point is that PBC could have been better. Can you at least agree to that? It's not hard to realize Lara vs Jan Zaveck probably shouldn't be headlining a card or Quillin vs Zerafa or Rodriguez vs Seals, etc. They can do better. The matchmaking can certainly be better, especially considering how insanely deep PBC is. We have all this talent at 140-147 and no one has been fighting each other. That's not smart matchmaking. As I've said, the matchmaking has just been strange. Fights that make no sense at all have been made. Fights that are guaranteed snoozers are headlining. Why? It doesn't make a lot of sense if they are trying to be successful, you have to be somewhat aware of what fans want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Look, if you want to argue semantics and what qualifies as "good fights"; go for it, but my point is that PBC could have been better. Can you at least agree to that? It's not hard to realize Lara vs Jan Zaveck probably shouldn't be headlining a card or Quillin vs Zerafa or Rodriguez vs Seals, etc. They can do better. The matchmaking can certainly be better, especially considering how insanely deep PBC is. We have all this talent at 140-147 and no one has been fighting each other. That's not smart matchmaking. As I've said, the matchmaking has just been strange. Fights that make no sense at all have been made. Fights that are guaranteed snoozers are headlining. Why? It doesn't make a lot of sense if they are trying to be successful, you have to be somewhat aware of what fans want to see.
                  Could have been? Is it over? How about you give it more than eight months? You losing money or something? We've seen plenty of good fights in a short time frame. Me no like premature ejaculation. Holla at me in another eight months.

Comment

• obviously and its not gonna get better

Comment

Could have been? Is it over? How about you give it more than eight months? You losing money or something? We've seen plenty of good fights in a short time frame. Me no like premature ejaculation. Holla at me in another eight months.
                      Jesus Christ man, can you just focus on the point instead of nitpicking? I clearly said in the post above "it's not over by a long shot". Yes, it could have been better up to right now, they could have done better, I never said it was over. Again, the window is small so if it's 8 months however long, so what? They don't have an infinite amount of time and as shown by the thread topic they don't have an infinite amount of cash either.

Comment

Working...
                      X