Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[POLL] Who Has Faced The Softest Competition Overall?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice agenda.

1. Adrien Broner
    2. Ward had been retired two years

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
      Nice agenda.

1. Adrien Broner
      2. Ward had been retired two years
      oh hell naw,,,

you cant tell me broner faced the sofest comp so far out of the names listed when he went up against the killer in maidena(with ariza btw),porter,john molina (after he nearly killed matthsseye in a "FOTY"), and taylor is a strong solid comp himself,as well as khabib. none of them were pushovers.

Comment

nice thread by the way,its not drenched in skin color biases like some others

Comment

Golovkin clearly has the weaker resume, but there are extenuating circumstances. Ward was fortunate enough to be in the Super Six which allowed him to face the best in division. Kovalev too has been able to face the top guys in division, bar Stevenson.

As for the P4P discussion, GGG is clearly there based on talent rather than resume. His competition has been less than stellar, but they are far from no-hopers. Hopefully, in a year's time he'll have the Canelo/Cotto and Lee names on his resume and all of the middleweight straps. Ward's inactivity should count against him, as the P4P discussion is about who is the best fighter in the world today, not 3 years ago. Either way, P4P is subjective and people will always chose their fighters based on different criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            All three of these men are ranked in the top 5 pound-for-pound by Ring Magazine and are very highly thought of but who has faced the weakest competition in their whole careers?

Notice I have used their entire careers to give a fairer reflection unlike some other polls which are going around where the feminine thread starters have used a select period of time and blocked people from the thread to slant opinion in their favour.

I was under the impression that to be a top P4P fighter, you have to have proved yourself at least once against top level opposition. From what I can tell, only 2 of the 3 fighters listed have done that.

What's your opinion?
            How is it fair to measure that based on a full career? Would you rank Roy Jones in the p4p list today?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              All three of these men are ranked in the top 5 pound-for-pound by Ring Magazine and are very highly thought of but who has faced the weakest competition in their whole careers?

Notice I have used their entire careers to give a fairer reflection unlike some other polls which are going around where the feminine thread starters have used a select period of time and blocked people from the thread to slant opinion in their favour.

I was under the impression that to be a top P4P fighter, you have to have proved yourself at least once against top level opposition. From what I can tell, only 2 of the 3 fighters listed have done that.

What's your opinion?
              Sorry to say but your poll is bias. You have only one option to vote, you want us to vote for GGG right?

At least put two or three options more just to make it a bit less bias.

Comment

The sensitive fanboys are out again I see.

Comment

GGG, but it's not his fault. He is cursed with the Wlad curse. There aren't any other top tier fighters at 160 like himself. He's right in the middle of the weight classes that hold the names he needs.

Comment

pound-for-pound isn't a lifetime achievement award, otherwise pacquiao would be indisputably #1. it's about who is the best right now, and since ward himself claims that he wouldn't be ready for golovkin or kovalev until late 2016, we can conclude that right now he is not better than either of them

Comment

isnt it almost sad that you can honestly say walters win over donaire is better then any win on ggg's resume???

wheres the walters hype at tho???

Comment

Working...
                      X