Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    And all had a premier name opponent,,, ggg had lemuiex
    Cotto had Judah
    Gatti had Oscar
    Floyd had gatti
    Manny had morales
    Canelo had Floyd
    Oscar had Chavez
    Adam my guy, that's exactly the point. Why the hell was David Lemuiex on PPV? Lol it's laughable man. You can't knock the fans for laughing at the numbers, knock the promoters for giving an uneducated estimation of their product. "We believe we can do 200K" - Loeffler. Are you serious? lol, when Floyd did 400K with Andre Berto? Are you serious lol? This is on them my brother.

Comment

Well floyd generated 4x more revenue than giggi so you can answer the question

Comment

Berto was just Floyd fulfilling his 6th fight of the contract. Floyd was done making money for SHO after manny.
        My guess is that he goes after a rematch w Pac, knowing that he'll get even more money out of the deal this time. Because he's smart enough to know that the rematch won't promote itself as easily this time, he'll put on his final PBF/TMT performance during the promotion promising a worse beating, replicate his performance in the rematch, and end higher than ever.
        It's smart business because, and I'll admit that I'm one, there are still millions of people who think Pac might fare better in a rematch
        Last edited by nveleven; 10-28-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          And all had a premier name opponent,,, ggg had lemuiex
          Cotto had Judah
          Gatti had Oscar
          Floyd had gatti
          Manny had morales
          Canelo had Floyd
          Oscar had Chavez
          None of them were hyped up as much as GGG is being now though

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Well floyd generated 4x more revenue than giggi so you can answer the question
            The card also cost 10x more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              The card also cost 10x more.
              This is hilarious lol, so answer your own question Deevel. Which PPV was the flop lol, really think about it before you answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Everyone expected the Mayweather/Berto numbers to be low (by Mayweathers standards) not many expected the Little G PPV to flop so badly.
                Pretty much. For me, the biggest difference is that May/Berto was absolutely panned by media and fans before it even happened. I was actually impressed that it did 400k because NOBODY wanted that fight. On the other hand, no one expected Golovkin to do this poorly. This was billed as an action packed fight that introduced boxing's new star to the world. Instead, it was an ugly beat-down that nobody bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Everyone expected the Mayweather/Berto numbers to be low (by Mayweathers standards) not many expected the Little G PPV to flop so badly.
                  Lots of people were expecting Floyds to do around 600k+ but not much more. So not even doing 400k was a flop.

With GGG who was in his first PPV and isnt American or of Latin decent(which matters when you want PPV numbers) people thought maybe he'd get around 250k. Well he couldn't even break 100k. Which is a disappointment.

But Floyd being the face of boxing and someone who was averaging 1mil+ per PPV and fighting his final fight, I see that being the bigger flop.

Comment

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
                    This is hilarious lol, so answer your own question Deevel. Which PPV was the flop lol, really think about it before you answer.
                    $36mil combined purse with 389k buys @ $75

$3.5mil combined purse with 97k buys @ $60.

U tell me.

Comment

lol............

Comment

Working...
                      X