No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Downplays Bruises on His Face, Sparring Rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nielon View Post
    I recently watched some of Gomez fights on youtube.... He is a BIG middleweight, Looks stronger than Canelo, very physical and by the looks of it packs a very hard punch. Perfect sparring partner for Cotto... Under Roach he could very well be a fan favorite fighter

you sure you watched him? hes a welterweight

Comment

Sadly, Little ole Cotto has more balls than Canelo

**** Canelo, for now, War Cotto!

Comment

-Chad Dawson WAS never the Caliber of fighter that Cotto IS and Always been

-Chad Dawson never had the boxing skills Cotto has.

-Chad Dawson was very weight drained for Ward

-Edison Miranda WAS one of the most powerful punchers at 160, then moved up to 168. That guys WAS a true one punch ko fighter, I would have loved to see Miranda vs GGG, It would have been WAY MORE competitive that GGG vs Lemuex.

So whats your point bro??? I dont get it ...

dawson is a better pure boxer than cotto. cotto achieved more but theyre on the same level skill wise. saying that cotto is way beyond dawson in skill shows you dont know **** about boxing.

Comment

The hard sparring for Chad MAYBE was not a good thing. In Cotto's situation it is very good news since Cotto needs that as he adjust become a solid MW.

PS: I saw Cotto's picture from yesterday and those bruises are more like "Boo-Boos"... NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT EXCEPT FOR CANELO...
          You are being fooled. He is not on his way to become 'a solid MW'. His CW's has gone from 159 to 157 and now to 155. That would imply to me, that this is his final fight for the MW title win or lose. He seems likely to give up his title next rather than face certain brutal defeat at the hands of GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            You are being fooled. He is not on his way to become 'a solid MW'. His CW's has gone from 159 to 157 and now to 155. That would imply to me, that this is his final fight for the MW title win or lose. He seems likely to give up his title next rather than face certain brutal defeat at the hands of GGG.
            You're probably right about Cotto dropping to JMW after this fight, even if he wins. The only people who will fight GGG are the ones who have everything to gain and nothing to lose. At this stage of his career, Cotto needs GGG like he needs a shotgun blast to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              I think you're being fooled by the GGG "Boogieman" "monster" hype. I dont talk just to talk, bro. I said that hard sparring for Cotto is good since he needs exactly that while he becomes, adjust to being a full MW. Why, becuase thats Cotto's plan stay at MW. "

"GGG is next" "We BOTH say, why not? is a big fight but there is negotiations to be made first....." - Freddie Roach aprox 4 days ago 10/21/2015
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaN1ep6aDes

Please search some information and educate yourself to the matter before making assumptions.... We will see what would happen after Nov 21

Comment

Originally posted by bigjer88 View Post
                You're probably right about Cotto dropping to JMW after this fight, even if he wins. The only people who will fight GGG are the ones who have everything to gain and nothing to lose. At this stage of his career, Cotto needs GGG like he needs a shotgun blast to the face.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaN1ep6aDes

5:01 check that out... smh

Comment

there was a pic i saw on facebook, he looked kinda busted up.

Comment

Cotto is getting his ass kicked by his gym mates, Canelo will fold him up like a lawn chair by the 6th rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      there was a pic i saw on facebook, he looked kinda busted up.

Comment

Working...
                      X