Comments Thread For: Cotto Downplays Bruises on His Face, Sparring Rumors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nielon View Post
    -Chad Dawson WAS never the Caliber of fighter that Cotto IS and Always been

-Chad Dawson never had the boxing skills Cotto has.

-Chad Dawson was very weight drained for Ward

-Edison Miranda WAS one of the most powerful punchers at 160, then moved up to 168. That guys WAS a true one punch ko fighter, I would have loved to see Miranda vs GGG, It would have been WAY MORE competitive that GGG vs Lemuex.

So whats your point bro??? I dont get it ...
    That hard sparring is not neccesarily a good thing contrary to what your post implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Whats the big deal? you are supposed to get your hardest work in sparring
      Its not an issue. Apparently Cotto is throwing everything into this camp.

Anyone got the word on his sparring partners ?

Comment

This is actually GOOD NEWS for Cotto and very BAD NEWS for Canelo....

"The harder the sparring the easier on fight night".

I got Cotto by TKO or MD in a back and forth war ....(anyway is possible in my view)
        Its good news, a couple of tough sessions aint gonna worry Cotto.

I hope Canelo is getting it good too.

Interesting to hear that Gomez is giving him some good work.

Comment

Here comes the floyd busted lip 2.0 with cotto

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Its good news, a couple of tough sessions aint gonna worry Cotto.

I hope Canelo is getting it good too.

Interesting to hear that Gomez is giving him some good work.
            I recently watched some of Gomez fights on youtube.... He is a BIG middleweight, Looks stronger than Canelo, very physical and by the looks of it packs a very hard punch. Perfect sparring partner for Cotto... Under Roach he could very well be a fan favorite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              That hard sparring is not neccesarily a good thing contrary to what your post implied.

The hard sparring for Chad MAYBE was not a good thing. In Cotto's situation it is very good news since Cotto needs that as he adjust become a solid MW.

PS: I saw Cotto's picture from yesterday and those bruises are more like "Boo-Boos"... NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT EXCEPT FOR CANELO...

Comment

Liam smith , glen tapia, alfonso gomez , glen tapia is a bull , strong big puncher who weighs around 185 walking around weight , he must be giving cotto good work , also liam smith , alfoso gomez imitates canelo and frankie gomez is a big 147 lbs

Comment

I find this to be a positive sign. Cotto's getting great work in camp. It's obvious that if you fight multiple people, day after day, you're bound to get hit with a good shot. And for a fight of this magnitude, you would want nothing less than fighters who can actually hold their own. I remember Cotto looking the same way when he was sparring Randall Bailey for the Mosley fight, and Cotto gave a great performance afterward. It'll be an awesome night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                    i dont know about that, dawson took hopkins to boxing school and taught him the ABC's. that victory is better than any win on cotto's resume.
                    Dawson won THE SECOND FIGHT after injurying B-hop's shoulder on the first fight (picked him up and slam him to the ground) but the 2nd fight was a close fight in many people's view. Except two judges had Dawson winng 117 the other judge had a draw 114 each. Boring fight, not fight fan pleasing... Very disputable to say THAT victory is better than any Cotto's win. But I can see why you say that, Its all good

Comment

Dawson won THE SECOND FIGHT after injurying B-hop's shoulder on the first fight (picked him up and slam him to the ground) but the 2nd fight was a close fight in many people's view. Except two judges had Dawson winng 117 the other judge had a draw 114 each. Boring fight, not fight fan pleasing... Very disputable to say THAT victory is better than any Cotto's win. But I can see why you say that, Its all good
                      hopkins wasn't as injured as sergio martinez with his deteriorated kneecaps. cotto whooped on a guy that should've been on a wheelchair, and thats his biggest win to date.

Comment

Working...
                      X