No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis: Hagler Would Have Too Much For Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Hagler already had two losses in less than 10 years as pro.
    BWaHahahahAhaHAhahaahahahaHAhaa!!

You dumb fck.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
      Hopkins almost lost to Segundo Mercado... anything is possible.

Roy Jones Jr. would have beaten ANYONE at middleweight. I'd also pick Hagler over Golovkin. It would have been a hell of a fight though, that's for sure. I think Hagler would win by UD.
      Marvin breaks his spirit and busts him up something terrible. Then stops him in dramatic ko fashion. And roy ain beating hagler when he was stretched by glen johnson and antonio tarver. He always had that weak chin even at MW he had just never faced anyone with the skill, toughness and determination to exploit it. Marvin would have been that guy. Not an easy fight for either and both would have left something in the ring but I believe marvin wears him down and stops him in the mid to late rds. Video of marvin closer to his prime below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvjfUbryXNw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLFJuLhjrw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8uNVMC_oMU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4fYLfTajko
      Last edited by dray435; 10-26-2015, 06:09 PM.

Comment

It would be Hagler vs Alan Winter all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
          Your mama ought to slap you boy. Are you serious? You got that cross dressing sweet butt as your avatar, obviously you chose the wrong people to aspire to. ******!

Hagler beats GGG quicker than Hearns.
          That's a fantasy fight you're mentioning.

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          BWaHahahahAhaHAhahaahahahaHAhaa!!

You dumb fck.
          I'm dumb by providing a simple fact that he had two losses in his first 10 years as pro??

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            We know that Golovkin has never fought an opponent like Hagler.

What about Hagler? Which of his opponents most resembled Golovin?
            The question is what has GGG faced that resembles an ATG? Nothing. Not only is Hagler an ATG, he faced ATG's. Until GGG has faced a near ATG or an ATG, he is not in the same breath as Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              The question is what has GGG faced that resembles an ATG? Nothing. Not only is Hagler an ATG, he faced ATG's. Until GGG has faced a near ATG or an ATG, he is not in the same breath as Hagler.
              Who can he face currently that is a HOF/ATG currently?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... But what about Kunta Kinte? Wouldn't have Kunta Kinte destroyed GGG as well?
                What the hell does this even mean?

Are you mentally ******ed?

Comment

Who can he face currently that is a HOF/ATG currently?
                  Seems like that's the point being made. GGG is promising but hasn't faced great talent yet. Unfortunately, GGG might be looking for legacy defining fights for a while if he stays at 160lb.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    You better read some of my other posts here... This one only was an ironic hint about the "antiquity" of Lennox's examples -- in a post before I said that tomorrow they will come and say that SRR would have easily beat Golovkin... And SRR is my all time favorite (together with Ali), so gimme' a break...
                    I never knew that I was one of your favorites of all time , ironic considering how much we disagree .

Comment

• Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                      hagler was held to a draw by Vito Antuofermo and beat by bugaloo bobby watts and willie munroe not to mention SRL
                      I don't think you're talking about prime Hagler though. Prime Hagler, Hopkins would be too much for GGG. And probably prime Monzon too. As for 'oh wow, now they're comparing him to ATGs'... not really. I don't think GGG will be an ATG, although he'll be always regarded as one of the top MWs. And BTW, take at look at the fringe guys at MW, there are some names that are beginning to look interesting. Plus I think Canelo beats GGG. The guy is very talented, no denying that. But Lennox makes a great point to cool it with going bonkers... at least for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X