Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no outrage over GGG hitting David after the bell and down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't have to dq him. And yeah, GGG was beating David soundly. But those fouls were terrible. Take a point or 2 just to give the appearance of equality in there is what I'm saying.

Comment

Because GGG a good boy.

Comment

Speaking for myself I am not outraged. David dropped to a knee suddenly and GGG hit him a fraction of a second later. It happened so fast I don't think GGG realized he was down. I don't think he intentionally hit a man he knew was down. It was a heat of battle thing. As many boxers as GGG has knocked down he has no history of hitting them when they are down. He is a clean fighter. I don't think the punch to the downed Lemieux had any effect on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Speaking for myself I am not outraged. David dropped to a knee suddenly and GGG hit him a fraction of a second later. It happened so fast I don't think GGG realized he was down. I don't think he intentionally hit a man he knew was down. It was a heat of battle thing. As many boxers as GGG has knocked down he has no history of hitting them when they are down. He is a clean fighter. I don't think the punch to the downed Lemieux had any effect on the fight.
          I know those fouls wouldn't have changed the outcome. But I've seen points deducted for far, far lesser fouls. Khan/Peterson comes to mind. And heaven knows I don't care for Khan.

Comment

GGG should have been penalized and lemeiux should have been given time to recover. It was unfortunate. **** happens. That ref should never be doing high profile fights or atleast needs more experience as he clearly did not do his job properly.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              GGG should have been penalized and lemeiux should have been given time to recover. It was unfortunate. **** happens. That ref should never be doing high profile fights or atleast needs more experience as he clearly did not do his job properly.
              Willis is a great ref. He also has the greatest facial expressions in all of boxing.

It boils down to a quick judgement call. Lemieux wasn't complaining about it and I'm sure that was a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I know those fouls wouldn't have changed the outcome. But I've seen points deducted for far, far lesser fouls. Khan/Peterson comes to mind. And heaven knows I don't care for Khan.
                The outrage should be towards that incompetent ref. no? He really messed up by not deducting a point from GGG, then ****s it up even more by not giving lemeiux time to recover from the illegal hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Willis is a great ref. He also has the greatest facial expressions in all of boxing.

It boils down to a quick judgement call. Lemieux wasn't complaining about it and I'm sure that was a factor.
                  You proved my point. So what if lemeiux didn't complain? Just shows how incompetent he is if he just ignores those type of fouls. He's garbage, he saw a clear hard foul, didn't even check lemeiux or ask him if needed time.

Comment

A DQ would of been justifiable, but at the very least, GGG should of had a point deducted and Lemieux should of been given time to rest.

Lemieux got screwed over in that fight. Not only did he take an illegal punch and get nothing for it, but to then have the fight prematurally stopped... And what did Lemieux say in the post-fight interview, "I'll keep my mouth shut" because he knows the boxing politics...

Yeah, GGG would of won, but Lemieux could of landed something big in the later rounds... And yes, GGG could of turned into a flaming dragon and really, really hurt Lemieux, but we'll never know...

A Lemieux-GGG rematch is warranted if the Canelo/Cotto fight can't be made or can't be made right away..

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                      You proved my point. So what if lemeiux didn't complain? Just shows how incompetent he is if he just ignores those type of fouls. He's garbage, he saw a clear hard foul, didn't even check lemeiux or ask him if needed time.
                      He's garbage because he made a quick judgement call? Have you seen him ref before? He always does a good job from all the fights I've seen.

At worst, a point could have been taken there. Certainly didn't warrant a DQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X