Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Money" Mayweather vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davef View Post
    so yesterday he was lying today he is telling the truth?

sure
    The numbers tell the story. You have to want to believe very badly to ignore them and instead believe prefight enthusiasm. I’m sure before the fight Canelo wanted to believe he could overcome the handicap. Canelo’s 165 pound fight night weight makes it clear he could not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      There are no special fees avoided by fighting at 155 instead of 154.

Floyd did ask for 150 in fact he first asked for 147.

"when the (fight) negotiations started, they wanted me to go to 147. I said that's physically impossible. I couldn't do it. Then they inched up to 150. I said I can't do it, that's impossible. Those days are over. I can't make that weight anymore, I've grown.

"Then they went up to 151. And then finally, so we could make the fight, I said, 'If anything, I'll give up two pounds. I'll go up to 152. I agreed to that. Then they tried to force me to be quiet and not to mention anything that they came up with the weight of 152."
      https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eight/2802237/

My agenda is that I hate A-side fighters handicapping their opponents. I didn't like it when Floyd did it or when Pac did it but Canelo has taken it to a new level.
      He does not say making 152 was a problem, and that was my point. As far making catchweights I don't like it either, but in this fight it did not effect outcome according to Canelo and his coach. As far as Pac with Cotto I not sure how much effect it had, but Cotto weighed 145 and then jumped to 154. Never fighting at 47 even again. Had Canelo moved up to 160 after fight I would say it should be a problem. but he did not and stayed at 54-55 for another half dozen fights or more.

Comment

• Originally posted by hmc87 View Post
        GGG offered Ward 168 then ignored when Ward accepted and said "actually, 164"...despite having standing offers for 168 against froch and JCC jr

You trump trash
        Ward ducked GGG like the plague.

Comment

• What a bloodbath it would be.

Comment

• GGG looked ordinary against Jacobs, Canelo, and Dervenchenko. He was able to buzz them all but none of them were ever truly hurt.

Floyd would do a lot of clinching and it would be an ugly fight but I actually struggle to see how Floyd loses. He would be so, so, so, so much faster than Gennady.

For those that say GGG should've won the 1st Canelo fight the Floyd/GGG fight would look very similar except Canelo was trying to "be Mayweather". Floyd is actually Mayweather and he would demonstrate how to potshot, move, hold, lots of jabs/punches to the gut, etc.

Also, Floyd fought green Canelo at 152. GGG would have to make 152 also.

Floyd UD

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Ward ducked GGG like the plague.
              Hehe...sarcasm?

GGG would get mauled, badly, against Ward. That's why GGG and Abel called out Ward but then demanded a catchweight after Ward accepted XD XD XD

Comment

• Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
                Hehe...sarcasm?

GGG would get mauled, badly, against Ward. That's why GGG and Abel called out Ward but then demanded a catchweight after Ward accepted XD XD XD
                GGG stops Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  GGG stops Ward.
                  GGG couldnt stop Jacobs, Canelo, or Dervenchenko but he stops Ward? Hmm not so sure.

GGG struggles against fighters who in-fight (Canelo 2 and Dervenchenko). Yet GGG would stop the best inside fighter of the past 5-10 years.

Trumpers shine again. . .

Comment

• 3G at 154? Money all day long.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
                      GGG couldnt stop Jacobs, Canelo, or Dervenchenko but he stops Ward? Hmm not so sure.

GGG struggles against fighters who in-fight (Canelo 2 and Dervenchenko). Yet GGG would stop the best inside fighter of the past 5-10 years.

Trumpers shine again. . .

Ward was an average inside fighter. He was an elite clincher, but clinching would only do so much when a monster like Gennady is rearranging your ribcage in a phone booth fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X