Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Money" Mayweather vs "Good Boy" Golovkin @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    That's when some questions will be answered. Other questions are answered regardless of opposition. What would Floyd test, of Golovkin? I think Floyd puts his ring IQ, conditioning, and ring generalship to the test. Not much else.

Floyd wouldn't test his chin, he wouldn't test his power either. Floyd won't truly engange unless he is forced to, with the exception that he is outclassing his opponent, and only a fool would insinuate he would, because that won't happen. Floyd might win, he should be the favorite, but it won't be a schooling. Golovkin is bigger than JMM and is about even with JMM with ring IQ and conditioning, and is maybe a c-hair behind in combination punching, and that's only because I give JMM the benefit of the doubt as being one of the best combo punchers in the history of the sport and because he has been doing it for years against elite opposition impeccably.
    When I hear boxing "fans" talk like this, it makes me think all they really want is for Floyd to stand toe to toe so that there's at least a possibility of getting knocked out. They want Floyd to stand still and take hard shots to the head for their enjoyment, so they can have the vicarious thrill of seeing someone they don't particularly care receive his comeuppance. Remember how people acted when Broner got beat down? People blowing this forum up as if Broner and his loss were bigger than they were, idiots were acting like it was Floyd that got ironed and pressed.

I can understand someone not liking his style but to try to redefine the sport as anything other than, "hit and not get hit," is a naked attempt at openly wishing Floyd would turn into one of their dumb dumb heroes that takes blows to the head for applause.

Golovkin is too slow to ever stand a chance, I see him chasing Floyd around the ring all night and missing badly in the process. Floyd's in a class by himself period, JMM isn't even in the same realm dude, nor is GGG. Until he fights someone of note and finally fulfills the promise of his "abilities" everything he can allegedly do is all make believe....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      When I hear boxing "fans" talk like this, it makes me think all they really want is for Floyd to stand toe to toe so that there's at least a possibility of getting knocked out. They want Floyd to stand still and take hard shots to the head for their enjoyment, so they can have the vicarious thrill of seeing someone they don't particularly care receive his comeuppance. Remember how people acted when Broner got beat down? People blowing this forum up as if Broner and his loss were bigger than they were, idiots were acting like it was Floyd that got ironed and pressed.

I can understand someone not liking his style but to try to redefine the sport as anything other than, "hit and not get hit," is a naked attempt at openly wishing Floyd would turn into one of their dumb dumb heroes that takes blows to the head for applause.

Golovkin is too slow to ever stand a chance, I see him chasing Floyd around the ring all night and missing badly in the process. Floyd's in a class by himself period, JMM isn't even in the same realm dude, nor is GGG. Until he fights someone of note and finally fulfills the promise of his "abilities" everything he can allegedly do is all make believe....
      Not at all. This is pretty off base, for me anyway. Floyd has shown he can out box elite fighters in the pocket, he wouldn't be eating shots in a phonebooth fight, or at the very least, not more than his opponent.

And the sport is absolutely about hit and don't get hit. Something Floyd excels at, and that's why I want him to go toe to toe, because that sort of majestic ability is best displayed in the pocket as opposed to outside. And another thing, GGG is outstanding at not getting hit as well, and he can still come forward and chooses to.

And the comparion to Broner is a poor one. They are hated for different reasons. And there is people like me for example, who love Floyd but detest Broner. You can say both fighters lack class, but in totally different ways. The Broner beat down was epic and rewarding for many reasons that really don't need to be explained to anyone who paid attention to the build up and watched the fight, because it was scripted better than a movie and the "karma" was well deserved.

Floyd losing would be a big deal but again, for different reasons.

Sure, there are random scrubs out there who root for and or hate for racial reasons, among other silly things, and 9/10 they DKSAB anyway, but you are talking to a boxing savant and long time member of these boards, and unbiased fan, a licensed amateur, and a student of the game. My explanations and analyses are always thorough and exhaustive, my scoring criteria and criteria to judge a fighter is always consistent, and as my sig implys, I always post toe to toe.

Let's just not confuse a modern day boxing Yoda in LoadedWraps to these silly peons who run around NSB as alts with nothing to offer but entertainment.
      Last edited by LoadedWraps; 12-18-2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Not at all. This is pretty off base, for me anyway. Floyd has shown he can out box elite fighters in the pocket, he wouldn't be eating shots in a phonebooth fight, or at the very least, not more than his opponent.

And the sport is absolutely about hit and don't get hit. Something Floyd excels at, and that's why I want him to go toe to toe, because that sort of majestic ability is best displayed in the pocket as opposed to outside. And another thing, GGG is outstanding at not getting hit as well, and he can still come forward and chooses to.
        This is outright ridiculous. The opposition that GGG has faced isn't even close to on par with Floyd in terms of ability, so the skills he's exhibiting are against inferior opponents. To then somehow extrapolate that he would have any kind of success against Floyd based on that is not sound imho. I like GGG, but I would never say based on what I've seen he beats Floyd, there's no logic to this because he has to prove that he can beat an elite fighter at or around his weight class as Floyd has done his entire career.

You may want Floyd to fight in the pocket, but he didn't get to where he is placating curious bloodthirsty fans.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        And the comparion to Broner is a poor one. They are hated for different reasons. And there is people like me for example, who love Floyd but detest Broner. You can say both fighters lack class, but in totally different ways. The Broner beat down was epic and rewarding for many reasons that really don't need to be explained to anyone who paid attention to the build up and watched the fight, because it was scripted better than a movie and the "karma" was well deserved.
        I'm similar, I love Floyd but am truly annoyed by Broner, and? I'm wondering if you were here at NSB when Broner was laid low, the comparisons to Mayweather were almost immediate dude. People were acting like it was Floyd. If you know anything about Broner's persona and how he thoroughly attached himself to Mayweather. Even going so far as to call him "Big Bro." He adopted a similar way of marketing himself, and he even tried to emulate the "shoulder roll." I watched all of the buildup to the fight as well as Broner's earlier fights. His boxing persona was closely tied to that of his alleged idol. This isn't rocket science dude, and it isn't buried so deep here we can't find all of the threads.

Floyd losing would be a big deal but again, for different reasons.
        Which are? You make statements and offer nothing in the way of support. What are those reasons it would be a big deal that's different than what I've described?

Sure, there are random scrubs out there who root for and or hate for racial reasons, among other silly things, and 9/10 they DKSAB anyway, but you are talking to a boxing savant and long time member of these boards, and unbiased fan, a licensed amateur, and a student of the game. My explanations and analyses are always thorough and exhaustive, my scoring criteria and criteria to judge a fighter is always consistent, and as my sig implys, I always post toe to toe.
        And? This doesn't mean you're always correct or even close. I think it's just peachy you're able to pat yourself on the back like that. But as I said this isn't rocket science. I'll take my opinion based on reason, two eyes, and two ears. I'm not always right in my predictions in a fight but I've seen enough fights and have been right enough I certainly would never in a million years defer to you. Period. No matter what you think of yourself, biased, unbiased or confused.

Let's just not confuse a modern day boxing Yoda in LoadedWraps to these silly peons who run around NSB as alts with nothing to offer but entertainment.
        Indeed. let's just not confuse members who talk out of their ass and expect to be taken seriously, to me that's pure entertainment. Wink wink....

Comment

• poor slip stream. no solid argument with supporting evidence that Floyd wouldn't get bullied to the ropes and brutally stopped by a live dog in Golovkin, so he resorts to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

• Floyd fans say GGGs resume is full of bums? There is nobody on Floyds resume that GGG wouldnt dismantle in 5 rounds so what does that make Floyds resume full of? I mean if BH can dismantle DLH in 7 rounds I doubt it would take GGG 5!

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Floyd fans say GGGs resume is full of bums? There is nobody on Floyds resume that GGG wouldnt dismantle in 5 rounds so what does that make Floyds resume full of? I mean if BH can dismantle DLH in 7 rounds I doubt it would take GGG 5!
              I am a big GGG fan but if we're being objective there are many fighters on that resume that would be favored against GGG and rightfully so. I believe he is the real deal, but he still needs the right wins. I could see him walking through guys like Guerrero, Manny, Ortiz, Baldomir, and Apodaca, but dudes like DLH, Maidana, Cotto, a prime Mosley, those are tough fights that GGG doesn't necessarily win on paper.

Comment

• even if he were smaller than he is, GGG is a step above the comp floyd has been facing (pac was washed up.. maidana is a basic brawler (i like him but it's true)... berto is a hyped journeyman)

Comment

• Topics like this won't stop unless we say what they want.
                  Uh, yea, ofc Gennady would beat the hell out of Floyd.

Comment

• so for 10 years before #48, everybody said Pac would beat Floyd and play fantasy football. now the GGG fever has risen. GGG's resume compared to Pac's! GGG's not even faster than Berto. I doubt anything lands and people will say ''Floyd didn't do anything'' because if Floyd doesn't KO anybody it becomes insufficient...

Comment

• Wrong OP:
                      Conditioning: Golovkin
                      Ring Generalship: Golovkin
                      Balance: Golovkin

Very questionable:
                      Combination punching: Golovkin
                      Chin: Golovkin
                      Heart: Golovkin

GGG basically has size and power over floyd. Thats it. Floyd is miles ahead of him in nearly everything else. I would pick floyd at 154 or 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X