Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo to defend IBF belt against Wilky Campfort Nov 28th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If nobody watches, does the fight really occur?

Comment

While wilky shouldn't be getting a title shot, this could be a good entertaining fight.. Wilkey's style is gonna make charo work and fight smart.. Charro needs some rounds as he is less polished than his brother IMO

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        This is his last fight. Charlo should win but so many pbc upsets who knows lol

with 1 month of preparation, yep there would be an upset

Comment

Where does Al Haymon find these dudes?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            While wilky shouldn't be getting a title shot, this could be a good entertaining fight.. Wilkey's style is gonna make charo work and fight smart.. Charro needs some rounds as he is less polished than his brother IMO
            I understand what you are saying but here me out.

Being a champ and still saying he needs polishing and needs rounds is what I hate about that statement and about today's young champ that they are giving belts to.

He is the so called champ. So he should be good to go against anyone. If not then relinquish the title.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              I understand what you are saying but here me out.

Being a champ and still saying he needs polishing and needs rounds is what I hate about that statement and about today's young champ that they are giving belts to.

He is the so called champ. So he should be good to go against anyone. If not then relinquish the title.
              Totally agree, but sadly that's not how boxing works

Comment

Wilky Campfort? Is this a real mfer? Sounds like the name of a farmer from the 1920's. Never heard of this cat. He's on a 20 fight win streak doe, but its a who's who list of who's that.

Only semi-good thing I'm taking from this news is that Lara is fighting around the same time so HOPEFULLY PBC is looking to line these guys up in the first half of 2016 which I have been suggesting/hopeful they will. Makes all the sense in the world for Lara vs Charlo to happen early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Totally agree, but sadly that's not how boxing works
                  Yea it's just how this era of boxing is. But in years past it was never like that. In years past this fight would have been for the usba title or another regional title. But in this eras it's considered a world title fight.

Comment

Isn't there a Haymon/Showtime card already on November 28? Is this confirmed? Will this be in place of the Bieterbiev fight?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                      Yea it's just how this era of boxing is. But in years past it was never like that. In years past this fight would have been for the usba title or another regional title. But in this eras it's considered a world title fight.
                      I totally miss watching the old NABF or usba title fights... I remember hopkins defending his a few times and help him land the first roy jones fight.. Those belts need to become relevant again

Comment

Working...
                      X