Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be honest, why does Ward want to fight a smaller guy so bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be honest, why does Ward want to fight a smaller guy so bad?

He's already spent his entire career fighting smaller guys (he was gold medalist at light heavyweight). And now his focus, and his fans focus is on an even smaller guy.

What kind of weird crap is that? That would be like Golovkin trying so hard to get a fight with Floyd. Wards fans would be so mad at that, so why are they so focused on the smaller man who they say Ward would easily beat? Don't fans want their favorites to overcome great challenges anymore?

First off, Olympic weights are not the same as the pros, and if I recall, Ward fought at a constant 170-172lbs max. I don't know the flexibility about rehydration practices like in the pros, but as far as I know, those things aren't important in Olympic bouts. Light Heavyweight starts at 165 at the Olympics anyways.

It is a nice bait thread!

Comment

Does he?

Ward and GGG's trainer have traded a few trash talks but really when you think about it

99% of the ggg-ward "needs to happen" talk has happened... right here on this forum via guys who want GGG to lose even if it's vs a much larger opponent

most people in the outside world are talking about fights that can actually happen (kovalev-ward and ggg-canelo)

sometimes a few angry butthurt dudes on the forum make it seem like there's massive demand for a fight when there simply isn't

ward said he would fight w. klitschko too, it's just idle trashtalk
      Last edited by ////; 10-22-2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
        He's already spent his entire career fighting smaller guys (he was gold medalist at light heavyweight). And now his focus, and his fans focus is on an even smaller guy.

What kind of weird crap is that? That would be like Golovkin trying so hard to get a fight with Floyd. Wards fans would be so mad at that, so why are they so focused on the smaller man who they say Ward would easily beat? Don't fans want their favorites to overcome great challenges anymore?
        obviously you didn't know that he fought at the the weight so his buddy dirrell could fight at middleweight they are both the same size, obviously cause both fought at 160-168 most their pro careers

Also check out the weights for his fights and the size he gave up

Nice bait thread though

Floyd has won titles in 5 weight classes and never weighed more than 151 for a fight....that's not even the junior middleweight limit let alone close to middleweight

GGG said he would go down to 154 to fight Floyd, but not 155 for Canelo or Cotto.... why not fight someone closer to your size in Ward

Also Abel Sanchez shouldn't have said they'd fight the best from 154-175...Ward has fought between 160-170 his entire career....he has proven he is one of the best at that weight range so team GGG can put up or just stop name dropping.....They don't thin they can beat SOG anyway

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          First off, Olympic weights are not the same as the pros, and if I recall, Ward fought at a constant 170-172lbs max. I don't know the flexibility about rehydration practices like in the pros, but as far as I know, those things aren't important in Olympic bouts. Light Heavyweight starts at 165 at the Olympics anyways.

Doesn't matter where a division starts, it's the limit. Ward is a light heavyweight gold medalist. For over a decade he's been picking on smaller fighters. That's just a fact. Not my fault it bothers you.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            obviously you didn't know that he fought at the the weight so his buddy dirrell could fight at middleweight they are both the same size, obviously cause both fought at 160-168 most their pro careers

Also check out the weights for his fights and the size he gave up

Nice bait thread though

Floyd has won titles in 5 weight classes and never weighed more than 151 for a fight....that's not even the junior middleweight limit let alone close to middleweight

GGG said he would go down to 154 to fight Floyd, but not 155 for Canelo or Cotto.... why not fight someone closer to your size in Ward

Also Abel Sanchez shouldn't have said they'd fight the best from 154-175...Ward has fought between 160-170 his entire career....he has proven he is one of the best at that weight range so team GGG can put up or just stop name dropping.....They don't thin they can beat SOG anyway
            Ward said he would go to 160. Now what? He should have just kept his mouth shut. Nobody cares why a person enters a division. Them fact of the matter is, he did fight at light heavy weight. Wards just scared of the 175 pros.

Comment

I think Chad Dawson would have beat Ward at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post

what a load of crap.

yes the divisions ain't exactly the same but similar.

and your weight is your weight no matter what type of boxing.

wards 170-172 lbs (IF TRUE) is LT HVY at pro or olympics. pro lt hvy is 169-175, olympic lt hvy is 166-178.

olympic boxers cut less than pro because they weigh in every day.

ward 170-172 is his more natural weight. he cuts to make 168 in pro.

Comment

GGG vs Ward is an intriguing fight but GGG shouldn't fight him for his first bout at 168.

The GGG detractors want to see him lose so bad they jerk off at the thought of it. GGG fanboys would cry like little girls if he lost. Both guys are clueless jackasses.

As a GGG fan, I want him to move up already. There's nothing for him at 160. Canelo and Cotto are good but would get ruined.

Comment

ward is at 168.

ggg is at 160.

ggg doesn't have to move up if he doesn't want to.

any more than ward has to move up to 175 or move down to 160.

Comment

Working...
                    X