No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IFightDirty View Post
    You can argue the same thing about Canelo. Canelo is bigger so he should have no problem fighting at the 160 weight limit of the belt, if he beats Cotto, he would have. I like Canelo, and was originally planning to root for him if he shall face GGG, but 155??? Come on make it atleast 157, but it should be 160. Very disappointed in Canelo. Part of me wants GGG to not budge on the weight and have Canelo stripped and then another part of me wants GGG to agree to 155 and KO Canelo for trying to pull that crap.
    Only issue is that no one actually claims this outside of GGG fans.

When Pac was at 130 pounds, he we was 145 on fight night, heavier than Mayweather was weighing for his JWW fights. Does that mean Pacquiao was bigger than Floyd, or the same size as Floyd? He was bigger on fight night at 130 than Floyd was at 140. So that must mean Pacquiao was bigger overall? I am not a body weight expert, but I don't think water weight is better than muscle weight. I think that in that example, Floyd weighing 140lbs on the scale was lean, strong healthy muscle. While Pac weighing 129 on the scale vs Morales and then gaining 15lbs on fight night, I don't think that is actually anywhere near the same as Floyd weighing 140 and rehydrating 2-3lbs. Same as Canelo weighing 154-155 and rehydrating to 172lbs, it does not mean he was the same size as Froch or Ward, who both at one point of their career weighed that much on FN. It's just not the same, no matter how much people want to claim it is. Clottey weighing at 170lbs vs Pacquiao in their 147 fight, does not mean he was actually the same kind of weight/muscle as a SMW.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      LoL for asking Canelo if hes staying at 154lbs. Canelo not ready but yet how many 155lb CW has he had already. This sport is truly disgusting on how these stars get away with bull****.
      Canelo fighting at 155 is not getting away with a damn thing because no title was on the line. It's not even a catch weight because no title was at stake. A champion defending his title at a catchweight is wrong and Canelo has never defended his title at a catch weight except when Mayweather forced him into a 152 pound catchweight he didn't want. Cotto is the champion demanding catchweight title defenses. When two boxers who are not champions fight they can fight at any weight they both agree to and it's not a catchweight and it harms nobody. Canelo had three non title fights at 155 with Lara, Kirkland and Angulo who were all just as big or bigger than Canelo. Tell me what harm those fights did???? Who did they harm and how?? Don't you know that the majority of non title fights are not fought at the exact weight class limits? Broner fought Porter at 144, Peterson fought Garcia at 143, Ward recently fought at 172. So the hell what. As long as no title was at stake what warm was done. A champion defending his title at a catchweight is dead wrong. But if no title is at stake two boxers can fight at any damn weight they agree on and it is OK and harms nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        To my knowledge totally dominating then KO'ing both Martin Murray and Matthew Macklin, both of whom lost world title shots by split decision in Germany, isn't beating "bums and fringe contenders."

KO'ing Daniel Geale, a former IBF middleweight titleholder, certainly isn't beating up bums and fringe contenders.
        An outweighed by almost 20 pounds Cotto blasted Geale EASY!! Boxing lesson and knockout at the same time. Yeah and everyone said it was nothing, Geale is a bum. That was a cherry pick win for Cotto. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
          LoL for asking Canelo if hes staying at 154lbs. Canelo not ready but yet how many 155lb CW has he had already. This sport is truly disgusting on how these stars get away with bull****.
          Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          If little G and Canelo are the same size, little G should have no problem fighting at 155. Right little G fans?
          You call my favorite fighter little G because you copycat your favorite fighter, big chicken Ward. My favorite fighter GGG fights 4 times a year and always knocks his opponents out. He is exciting and a pleasure to watch. Your favorite fighter big chicken Ward fights one bum every two years. Big chicken Ward is a real eye sore to have to watch. He is a wrestling, mauling, clinching, dirty fighting, holding and hitting fighter. Big chicken Ward is about as exciting to watch as watching paint dry. He almost never knocks anybody down. So enjoy big chicken Ward if that is the kind of fighter you like. I would be embarrassed to have big chicken Ward as my favorite fighter. GGG is my type of fighter and always puts on a great show his fans can be proud of. Every time I read someone calling GGG little G I'll call their favorite fighter big chicken Ward. If you disrespect my favorite boxer then I'll disrespect yours. How could anybody enjoy watching Ward fight???? His fights are UGLY!!!

Comment

Canelo fanboys: only Canelo has the balls to fight GGG at 160 not like coward Cotto with his catchweights.

Canelo: i'll only fight GGG at 155 catchweight.

Canelo fanboys: GGG said he'll fight anyone from 154-168 though.

Me: BoxingScene forums are the best.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

There is certainly going to be a problem after November 21st. It appears, based on the recent comments by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, that he doesn't plan to compete in the middleweight division and intends to move back to junior middleweight following the scheduled contest with WBC champion Miguel Cotto.

The winner of Cotto-Canelo has been ordered to face WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) next. Golovkin, who holds the WBC's interim title, is the mandatory challenger to the full belt.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

what an absolute joke canelo turned out to be

used to be a fan of his, what a joke

he weighs more than golovkin does

translation: "I'm not fighting him, period, he will kick my ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                  Canelo fanboys: only Canelo has the balls to fight GGG at 160 not like coward Cotto with his catchweights.

Canelo: i'll only fight GGG at 155 catchweight.

Canelo fanboys: GGG said he'll fight anyone from 154-168 though.

Me: BoxingScene forums are the best.
                  welp you get a point here

canelo is a bigger sissy than cotto

what can i say, cong****

i almost feel like cotto already won the fight

cotto is asking for catchweights because he actually IS a smaller fighter

canelo is ****ing bigger than golovkin, he just uses catchweights to duck middleweights
                  Last edited by ////; 10-22-2015, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Disappointing from Canelo.

If he won the title against Cotto and defended it at a catchweight against Golovkin, It would be, what..the 4th straight time that that 160 belt has been contested for at under the MW limit? Crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                      There is certainly going to be a problem after November 21st. It appears, based on the recent comments by Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, that he doesn't plan to compete in the middleweight division and intends to move back to junior middleweight following the scheduled contest with WBC champion Miguel Cotto.

The winner of Cotto-Canelo has been ordered to face WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (34-0, 31KOs) next. Golovkin, who holds the WBC's interim title, is the mandatory challenger to the full belt.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      And there it is.....

I told you all !

The chances of Canelo fighting Golovkin at 160 were not better than Cotto fighting Golovkin at 160.

Team Golovkin have stated on numerous occasions that they will NOT give the winner a catchweight..... I believe that Team Golovkin will refuse the catchweight and wait for the winner to be stripped.

Fight dead !

Comment

Working...
                      X