No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    WBC is the "cause" of this because it's in great danger -- in case WBC further admits this kind of 'mandatory' title fights to happen, WBC would become totally irrelevant as a 'sanctioning body' in boxing... And guess who's gaining from this? Do you have a name in mind?
    Yea, good point.

Comment

• So if Canelo beats Cotto and vacates the title and GGG gets crowned WBC champ. He then grabs Lee's title, what next for GGG? He will have accomplished his goal of unifying the titles at MW. He will have done this without fighting a single PPV megafight. Will HBO put him back on PPV? and against who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        How did it feel to get banned because of me? I got your account banned, I got beater of ass banned last night, time for you to make a new account.
        LMAO, You got the Hammer.

Comment

• Let's be real

Cotto needed a catchweight for a 40 year old crippled sergio martinez, yet hes gonna fight Golovkin at full weight?

Comment

• Little G was campaigning for honorary Mexican citizenship with his "Mexican Style" motto....the Mexicans was buying it and supporting that mutha****a....then he plays buddy buddy with the cornball who's running for office, Donald ***** smh.....so I hope Team Little G doesn't expect the top Mexican fighter in the sport to help put the most money he's ever made from boxing in his bank account....Nelo is quacking but I don't really care, Little G shook hands with the devil

Comment

• I think the main issue here is Canelo claiming that he isn't big enough for the division when he's fighting for a lineal title. Cotto was called a diva and criticized for imposing catch-weights and people were expecting Canelo to be different.

Comment

• Catch weight... Ok for non-title bouts. If they can't fight at the legit weight then giving them a title is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
                  I think the main issue here is Canelo claiming that he isn't big enough for the division when he's fighting for a lineal title. Cotto was called a diva and criticized for imposing catch-weights and people were expecting Canelo to be different.
                  1) Canelo has been chasing a Cotto fight for years.....

Surely you dont expect him to walk away from that huge fight and that huge payday just because Cotto accidentally picked up the lineal title off Martinez?

Cotto and Canelo aren't even thinking about Golovkin.

This is a huge fight for them.

2) Is the current lineal champ the best middleweight at 160 ?

If your answer is no, then the lineal title aint really that important is it ?

Comment

• I think it's a very lame attempt by Canelo to get GGG to cut weight in a mandatory Middleweight championship title bout. The weight limit is 160lb and Golovkin has every right to weigh in at the limit.

It sounds to me that Alvarez is just afraid of him that's all. If he was as confident in facing the smaller and lighter punchers at their weight class such as: Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara at or above the 154lb limit then why won't he afford GGG to do the same. He is not a natural Junior middleweight. He knows that Golovkin is a natural 160lber who is attempting to unify all the titles at that weight division.

Therefore, since Ginger is moving up in weight to challenge a naturally larger and stronger opponent in order to win multiple championships in different weight classes, then he should attempt to wrest the championship from him at that weight class he is competing at without any limitations, restrictions or cutting corners. If not then he shouldn't fight him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      I think it's a very lame attempt by Canelo to get GGG to cut weight in a mandatory Middleweight championship title bout. The weight limit is 160lb and Golovkin has every right to weigh in at the limit.

It sounds to me that Alvarez is just afraid of him that's all. If he was as confident in facing the smaller and lighter punchers at their weight class such as: Austin Trout and Erislandy Lara at or above the 154lb limit then why won't he afford GGG to do the same. He is not a natural Junior middleweight. He knows that Golovkin is a natural 160lber who is attempting to unify all the titles at that weight division.
                      It sounds to me like Golovkin is afraid of Canelo.

GGG is desperate for a name on his resume if he wants to be a PPV fighter.

Golovkin wasn't scared to fight feather-fisted Floyd at 154, but it seems that he is scared to fight the stud Canelo at 155.

Is Golovkin any good or what ?

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Therefore, since Ginger is moving up in weight to challenge a naturally larger and stronger opponent in order to win multiple championships in different weight classes, then he should attempt to wrest the championship from him at that weight class he is competing at without any limitations, restrictions or cutting corners. If not then he shouldn't fight him at all.
                      He's not, he will stay at JMW.

Comment

Working...
                      X