Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll throw in two other guys who would beat Floyd's ass back in the day. Clottey and Ouma.
    Clottey got robbed when he fought Margarito and Cotto. And Ouma got robbed when he fought Vanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jarodriguez View Post
      He fought Judah after Kostya Tszyu rang his bell. He was done after that. That's why he got his ass kicked by sorry ass Baldmoir afterwards. To answer your question, No. That's my point.... DeLaHoya ducked Wright, Williams, and Margarito to, and I know he threw that fight with Bernard... You have to go back to guys like Chavez, Terry Norris, Tyson, Holeyfield etc to find guys who didn't duck anyone. All of the top guys NOW with the exception of the Klitchkos duck fights. All this weight class, promotional company feud, and A-side B-side, bull**** is just an excuse to duck boxers.
      Judah had rebounded from the Kosta loss to win the Lineal WW title before he lost to Baldo.

Not everyone fights everyone. Its awful hard to criticize ODH given his resume.

I think you have a point, but every time a fight doesn't happen it isn't a duck.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• I think GGG would make 155 easier than canelo, I don't see what's the problem it's not like GGG has any cards to play, he Would probly get a bigger purse too if it's at a catchweight

Comment

• who didn't see this coming a mile away?

that floppin PPV is the reason, cotto/nelo winner can say he brings absolutely nothing to the table. remember this is a business right?

triple g said he will move up or down "only" for big fights, well isn't facing the winner here a big fight? that statement that he can make 154 easy will be shoved in his face.

but isn't 155 technically middleweight since its above 154?

triple g can have all the belts he wants, he'll be stuck with no big name opponent for another year.

meanwhile that "nobody" andre ward on his way to the biggest fight of 2016 to crown a new p4p king. they refused to even negotiate with ward.

beating ward does more to boost triple g's rep than beating both cotto and canelo. ward regardless of inactivity is regarded as the best boxer in the world.

triple g's team have no argument here. they are the obvious B side, that PPV flop means the risk of facing him at full 160 is not worth it for cotto/nelo.

but if he claimed 154 wasn't a problem than he should agree to 155 in a heartbeat right?

abel sanchez was running his mouth nonstop about his guy is A side and ward either does what they say or fck off.

well now its their turn to play the A side game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
            I think GGG would make 155 easier than canelo, I don't see what's the problem it's not like GGG has any cards to play, he Would probly get a bigger purse too if it's at a catchweight
            Loma I think you are onto something here. Canelo does look bigger than GGG. iF ggg beat Canelo at this weight it would give him some respect and possibly open up other fights like a Mayweather or Pac fight at 154 or so for biggg money.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              what proof do you have that Ward can't make 168? You think cotto and Canelo can make 154 and they have fought above that weight for a while.

You guys need to get it through your heads-the big names do not need to fight GGG. His path to stardom goes through Andre Ward.

Just because guys are avoiding GGG doesn't mean he gets to avoid Ward.
              No matter how many times you repeat that statement, it wont stop being wrong.

A "path to stardom" comes from beating an already popular fighter with a large fanbase (Oscar, Floyd, Pac, Cotto, Canelo, etc) It does NOT come from beating a very talented but relatively unknown (to the casuals) fighter such as Ward........

Comment

I think GGG would make 155 easier than canelo, I don't see what's the problem it's not like GGG has any cards to play, he Would probly get a bigger purse too if it's at a catchweight
                He's much older and never fought at 155. Saying it would be easier for him to do so is 100%, unequivocally incorrect.

Comment

• They are both ridiculous. Cotto will not fight anyone at 160 yet 159 Is ok and the 170lb Canelo will not fight above 155.

Comment

GBP paying GGG to accept a catchweight and then Canelo getting KO'd would be a disaster of epic proportions.
                    L of the century.
                    I'd watch the **** out of that lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Judah had rebounded from the Kosta loss to win the Lineal MW title before he lost to Baldo.

Not everyone fights everyone. Its awful hard to criticize ODH given his resume.

I think you have a point, but every time a fight doesn't happen it isn't a duck.

Judah won the lineal middleweight title? Now youre just making stuff up......

Comment

Working...
                      X