No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Rejects Fighting Golovkin, Unless at 155-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
    So Golovkin is smaller he should have no problem fighting at 155. Right little G fan?
    GGG is much older, can't cut weight as easily as the younger guys

Not a hard concept to understand

I wouldnt be surprised if a 157 catchweight is accepted

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      lol, a month away from the fight this guy is 167 lbs, he IS a fucking MW
      Idk wtf they're talking about moving back down to JMW. The guy cant fkin make 154 OBVIOUSLY and 155 isnt JMW either so wtf?

Comment

• Originally posted by thejohnboy View Post
        Canelo saying his body isn't ready for 160 haha that ridiculous he walks in the ring at 175
        Ricky Hatton used to walk around at 180lbs+. Still didn't stop folks from criticizing Floyd for fighting a "lil guy."

Comment

• Originally posted by rajaomair View Post
          Yes it does, I already provided the reasons which makes canelo "wrong". He will lose all respect that he built by fighting Lara. So at least we can agree on whats wrong and right in this case. I only predicted about Canelo's respect which has 99.9% chance of happening. How is my prediction way off, do u even understand what "prediction" is??
          And I responded to those reasons.

Yeah I understand what a prediction is. I predict yours is 99.9% wrong.

Comment

• Canelo doesn't want it. The kid is obviously a middleweight. His rep will take a hit if he plays this card.

Comment

• GGG is a beast it would be stupid to move up to 160 and fight him in 1st fight at this new weigh class, give him at least 1 fight vs a solid 160 fighter.... Remembering when Oscar moved up to 160 he fought sturm 1st and then went for Hopkins.... He looked like **** at that weight class.

Comment

• Canelo and Cotto running scared

This is what is killing boxing; MMA stars don’t do this they fight for a title at the weight class they are in and don’t act scared. This is obviously a statement designed to tell fans I don’t care about you. Fans need to boycott this fight so we can start taking control of what happens instead of getting what we get. I suggest passing this on all social media outlets what these guys are doing and to not buy the fight. We can watch it free the following weekend and we can force the GGG fight.

Comment

• Not a fan of catchweights

But we'll see whether gennady was honest or not when he claimed he could make 154 to fight Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    that would be all on him..... imo if I was him I go no lower than 158 if he were to accept a catchweight
                    Fortunately for GGG he doesn't have to say anything before Cotto/Canelo is over...
                    ... But Canelo was stupid enough to state that he will fight GGG the next day he agrees on the 155 catchweight... (This "beats" even the '164 statement', because is about a mandatory fight not about a 'legacy' fight.)

Comment

• GBP sees flaws in GGG; easy to hit, lack movement...etc. So why not push Canelo to fight him? lol Alvarez is an enhanced version of Chavez; all about fighting smaller opponents instead of real weight. He's 20 and can't make 154? Oh the hypocrisy of the..

Comment

Working...
                      X