Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kovalev blatant duck to avoid the unification of all LHW championship belts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ur a really weird person,just came here to say that

50% of ur posts are about kovalve being allegedly raped or molested as a child,i mean wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Lmao

Kovolev and especially his team (main events) need to shut the hell up.. They had a purse bid and backed out, even though they were the ones that begged for kovolev to become the mandatory and force a purse bid...

Notice how main event isn't worried about getting their man top dollar, they are just worried about being in control..

Kathy duva just needs to die already, I got no respect for her..
      What are you talking about!? It's seems pretty clear and fair from everybody else's stand point!

1. They're offering Stevenson 50/50
      2. Kovalev has a multi fight agreement with HBO
      3. Stevenson does not have a multi-fight contract with Showtime, he has bounced from network to network! So Kovalev should get the HBO Concession!
      4. I don't like the term A-Side/B-Side but when we take viewing figures into account, as well as resume, Kovalev is the more established and popular fighter!

So tell me what is your ****ing problem with it??

Comment

Originally posted by saint laurent
        Kovalev requested the mandatory position. Kovalev requested a purse bid. Kovalev requested 50/50.

Stevenson said okay.

Kovalev ran away.

His bluff got called. Move on. There's nothing to debate here. Kovalev tried to get Stevenson stripped, Stevenson called his bluff and Kovalev bailed. Facts are facts.
        Yeah you fail to put in the fact that Stevensons team and Haymon wanted the fight on Showtime, something Kovalev couldn't do as he had a multi fight agreement with HBO!

Stevenson doesn't have any contract with Showtime but still insisted on ShoSports! So take your head out of your ass and get facts right

Comment

The team ducking the purse bid is the team ducking the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            Last I remember, they pretty much had an agreement for the fight to have been set up next (that's why Kovalev fought in the undercard in Montreal) and Stevenson signed with Haymon before it was set up though maybe I'm wrong on that. And it was easily much closer when both fighters last fought on HBO and both said they wanted to do the fight but Stevenson signed a contract with Haymon knowing that it would've jeopardized the fight. (FWIW that contract he signed didn't actually pay him much more than what Kovalev's been making with HBO).

So if Kovalev is criticized for making a decision that cost the fight this time around, then Stevenson making a decision should be criticized as well when he pretty much new it would've cost the fight back then.

Duva making a decision to back out of the purse bid for her best interest despite the fact that it cost the fight is no different than Stevenson making a decision for his best interest and costing the fight. Just like Duva knew backing out of the purse bid ruins the chances of the fight, Stevenson signing with a guy for his best interest despite knowing it would've jeopardized the fight is no different.

And even then, it's not like Kovalev is the only guy Stevenson has a problem with. It was the same with Hopkins AND Pascal with both saying it was difficult to arrange a deal with him. So what exactly am I supposed to think about the guy?
            Hey, I'm open to criticising both in this, cause they have both made it difficult to put on the most meaningful fight in the division but the most recent negotiations were terminated by team Kovalev, and that's that.

But I agree, Stevenson should have fought one of Pascal or Hopkins, so a lot of the blame can also lay with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Except for that he would get a career high payday if it went to purse bid..

You can't complain about stevenson ducking, when a purse bid was set and you backed out,,
              If kovolev was going to get more money for a PPv fight, then hbo and duva would have bid on it, but in reality, Haymon was gonna pay kovolev more than hbo and duva..

You can spin it anyway you want, but kovolev's team ****ed him out of a career payday, just because they couldn't pay up
              very accurate assessment of a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                What are you talking about!? It's seems pretty clear and fair from everybody else's stand point!

3. Stevenson does not have a multi-fight contract with Showtime, he has bounced from network to network! So Kovalev should get the HBO Concession!
                4. I don't like the term A-Side/B-Side but when we take viewing figures into account, as well as resume, Kovalev is the more established and popular fighter!

1. 50/50 of how much? Do you understand the total pot is MUCH bigger on the GYM/Haymon side then on the Main Events/HBO side?

2. Kovalev has a contract with HBO, and HBO has an 'agreement' to ban all Haymon fighters from their shows. Something's got to give. The purse bid was the only honest way to settle it.

3. Stevenson does not have a contract with Showtime. He has one with GYM and Haymon though. They are the guys he is being loyal to.

4. How exactly are you the A-side when the 'B-side' and his team have more money then you, and are offering more money then you are to put the fight on?

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                  1. 50/50 of how much? Do you understand the total pot is MUCH bigger on the GYM/Haymon side then on the Main Events/HBO side?

2. Kovalev has a contract with HBO, and HBO has an 'agreement' to ban all Haymon fighters from their shows. Something's got to give. The purse bid was the only honest way to settle it.

3. Stevenson does not have a contract with Showtime. He has one with GYM and Haymon though. They are the guys he is being loyal to.

4. How exactly are you the A-side when the 'B-side' and his team have more money then you, and are offering more money then you are to put the fight on?
                  Who invited level headed thinking into this thread? Good post!

Comment

What really sucks is that most (me included) think that Kovalev is the better fighter and both are fighting about the same level of opposition lately but Stevenson is making a ton more money.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post

1 50/50 of what... 5 million, 10 million, 50/50 of what.. The original purse bid was for a 50/50 split so if new 50/50 offer from duva was that great, they would have won a purse bid, and this fight would have happened already

2 and 3. So,,,, stevenson has a multi fight deal with Haymon and PBC .. They are both tied up, that's why it should have gone to purse bid and let the best 50/50 offer win

4. I can agree to a certain extent, but stevenson can sellout in Canada.. He is a legit draw there, especially if it's a big fight..

A purse bid, especially a unique one where its 50/50like they had, would have cleared up everything, and given the biggest payday to both guys..

Comment

Working...
                      X