• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Mate, you're still not reading what I'm saying

ffs.
    Do you mind explaining then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      From reading that post it seems more than your brain is full of sh i t.

Also Floydhype as source? I won't even comment on that.
      I have no idea what Floydhype is, and would never use something named that as a source.

GGG was a bigger favorite than Wlad. is vs Fury, by the bookies.

I think GGG was 1.04.

The card was good on paper, it was actually nothing but mismatches.

Too bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        You sure?

I thought it was regular HBO. But I just looked it up and it was PPV. I don't remember buying it but i watched it at home. I remember that.

Anyways that fight was not a huge PPV build like this one. At that point in Margaritos career and at this point in Canelos career. Canelo has the overwhelmingly bigger fanbase and I stated why in my first reply to you. Plus cotto is enjoying a resurgence in his career so combine that with Canelos star power(canelo and mayweather did 2.4 million, while at the time Floyd was doing 1 million buys with fights with maidana, Guerrero and Ortiz) it will do way better than Cotto-Margarito 1.
        I guess it depends on how wrapped up you were in the fight because I always thought the first Cotto Margarito fight had a HUGE build up, there was such an awesome buzz leading up to it. Felt like a mini hagler hearns type of fight to be, but then again I was heavily invested in it and watched all the videos, interviews, read all the articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I guess it depends on how wrapped up you were in the fight because I always thought the first Cotto Margarito fight had a HUGE build up, there was such an awesome buzz leading up to it. Felt like a mini hagler hearns type of fight to be, but then again I was heavily invested in it and watched all the videos, interviews, read all the articles.
          felt the same way I know it was huge on this site

Comment

That being said Cotto-Canelo will do numbers north of a million and I'll be surprised if it did less than a million.
            I'd be willing to put money on it that this fight doesn't do a million LOL. I see this fight more in the 750,000-950,000 range with maybe an outside shot at cracking a million. Great matchup that I'm highly looking forward to (I'll be at the fight) so hope I'm wrong but don't see north of a million buys and no way in in hell see the 2 million buys De La Hoya is talking about...

Comment

I gave you the reasons why it will do more than a million. Why do you think it will do less? Because saying it won't doesn't sound like you are sure. Tell me why you think that it won't?
              I did a whole break down on the page before this. U will see it.

Comment

You sure?

I thought it was regular HBO. But I just looked it up and it was PPV. I don't remember buying it but i watched it at home. I remember that.

Anyways that fight was not a huge PPV build like this one. At that point in Margaritos career and at this point in Canelos career. Canelo has the overwhelmingly bigger fanbase and I stated why in my first reply to you. Plus cotto is enjoying a resurgence in his career so combine that with Canelos star power(canelo and mayweather did 2.4 million, while at the time Floyd was doing 1 million buys with fights with maidana, Guerrero and Ortiz) it will do way better than Cotto-Margarito 1.
                Maybe you don't remember how hyped it was. Actually, obviously you don't since you didn't even think it was on PPV. But it was as hyped.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

that fight had legit buzz and it delivered...that was a great fight party
                  Boy did it ever. And I remember my fight party well too. Me doing the moonwalk around my living room while my buddies sat staring at the screen, mouths agape when Margarito stopped him. Good times

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    It won't do a million. I can be almost positive of that.
                    It's possible.

Canelo vs Lara did 300k. Canelo vs Angulo did 350k. Cotto vs Martinez did 350k. These fights did not have a lot of buzz. Cotto vs Martinez had the DLH-Pac effect, people didn't buy it because they thought it was a mismatch in Martinez's favor. Cotto vs Margarito 2 did better than the first, 600k. Cotto vs Canelo can do great numbers like 700-900k, but it is possible that it gets up to 1 million. Though the promotion can definitely be better.

Comment

• http://www.badlefthook. com/2015/10/21/9582570/golovkin-lemiuex-sells-roughly-150000-ppvs

There's a update in this article saying it's struggling to reach 125k.

Comment

Working...
                      X