Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
    golovkin's hip, educated fanbase know about online streams

the floyd model which targets nostalgic old drunkards and foster homes might not work
    So Golovkin's cool, super smart fanbase didn't support his first HBO PPV headline.

I mean credit where credit is due, for such hardcore GGG fans at least the majority weren't fanboyish enough to purchase that crap. But I know to those who did purchase it they are trying to convince themselves that they just watched the PPV of the decade to not feel so bad about spending $60 dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
      Listen to me you ****ing piece of shit asshole. I come here for INTELLIGENT discussion with INTELLIGENT people capable of such discussion. Not to watch a bunch of children who don't know the slightest thing about boxing or respect for the sport or other fans.

Incredible to see people who claim to be fans of the sport celebrating that a PPV did less than expected or hoped for numbers. You are not boxing fans, you are ignorant fools who don't deserve to have a sport to follow. If you represent the average boxing fan, no one need look any further to see why the sport is at the bottom of the barrel and will not be moving from that position any time soon.

This board is a ****ing joke. The moderators cannot even take care of the multitude of alt handles that run rampant here. Whether that is their fault or the fault of the board admin not giving them to tools to do their job, I have no idea. But this board is very poorly moderated. I thought the boxing news 24 board was bad but this one is actually worse because it claims to be the standard by which all other are measured.

And unlike most of the posters here who like to be the stars of the board, I don't give a crap if any of you care whether I stay or leave this board. You obviously don't care about having any serious discussion on the sport so the opinion of most here means nothing to me anyways.

Just realised he's banned. What's that aboot?

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

Just realised he's banned. What's that aboot?
        Probably for bashing the staff. Went out like a straight up bitch

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Too much moving of the goal post.

Okay so first....it was mentioned by a poster that the GGG-Lem PPV did bad because it was two foreign fighters. Then I mentioned fights between foreign fighters that were succesful HBO PPV's.

Then...you said well that's PR vs Mexico rivalry of course they're gonna do good. But I mentioned Pac's early fights when he just had a hardcore following and the smaller weights have been historically lacking in PPV draws anyway, so give them credit.

Now you say well, yeah, fights including a PR or Mexican vs anyone else will do good numbers.

Lewis-Tua were foreigners, that is the point.

Lastly, I don't know why you mention Pac's post-DLH PPV's when I clearly excluded those.

Why don't you just admit that GGG-Lemiuex sucked, plain and simple. That's why they didn't get successful PPV buys, no one wanted to see a mismatch. It could have been GGG vs Froch or Kovalev and it would have done at least 250k, and those are all foreigners. Difference is those would be fights that fans would be willing to pay for. Just be straight with it, the fightbombed because it sucked. Not because of nationality. GGG has enough buzz that if he fought a good legit challenge, he'd get buys.
          You mentioned PAC Hatton, I'm pretty sure. And all those decent selling PAC ppvs, all against Mexican legends. Again, Lewis undisputed HW champ, fought Holyfield 2x. I bet Ggg matches his Tua numbers after 2 fights vs Ppv star.

It's obvious dude, if you're a Mexican or PR, you got a huge head start ppv wise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Listen to me you ****ing piece of shit asshole. I come here for INTELLIGENT discussion with INTELLIGENT people capable of such discussion. Not to watch a bunch of children who don't know the slightest thing about boxing or respect for the sport or other fans.

Incredible to see people who claim to be fans of the sport celebrating that a PPV did less than expected or hoped for numbers. You are not boxing fans, you are ignorant fools who don't deserve to have a sport to follow. If you represent the average boxing fan, no one need look any further to see why the sport is at the bottom of the barrel and will not be moving from that position any time soon.

This board is a ****ing joke. The moderators cannot even take care of the multitude of alt handles that run rampant here. Whether that is their fault or the fault of the board admin not giving them to tools to do their job, I have no idea. But this board is very poorly moderated. I thought the boxing news 24 board was bad but this one is actually worse because it claims to be the standard by which all other are measured.

And unlike most of the posters here who like to be the stars of the board, I don't give a crap if any of you care whether I stay or leave this board. You obviously don't care about having any serious discussion on the sport so the opinion of most here means nothing to me anyways.
            stop trying to get yourself banned on purpose so you do not have to pay your debt to Stax since the PPV didn't sell more than 200k.

board was great before you came and will be better after you leave.

Comment

• Lol dude got banned

Comment

• Oh man I thought this thread couldn't get any better.

It ain't even that bad, I can't imagine if something actually bad actually went down to Golovkin. I guess that is what true love does to someone~

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  So Golovkin's cool, super smart fanbase didn't support his first HBO PPV headline.

I mean credit where credit is due, for such hardcore GGG fans at least the majority weren't fanboyish enough to purchase that crap. But I know to those who did purchase it they are trying to convince themselves that they just watched the PPV of the decade to not feel so bad about spending $60 dollars.
                  No one is trying to convince themselves of anything. The event flopped in the eyes of the HBO and the promoters. But people don't purchase PPVs so they can win an argument against internet trolls. You do it to support a fighter, both fighters, or the sport of boxing. If you have no desire to do any of those, you can either stream it or watch it on Youtube the next day.

If $60 is a big deal to you, you shouldn't be buying the PPV.

Comment

• The real numbers. FLOP

#GLASED

Comment

• Originally posted by Luiz View Post
                      The real numbers. FLOP

#GLASED

Comment

Working...
                      X