No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    Too bad you couldn't have posted this yesterday before that 58 year old man basically took his ball and ran home because the mean peeeeople on the internetz was picking on him, while blaming the moderators for Golovkin's overestimated drawing ability being drawn to light.
    You know Barcham is still lurking this thread while logged off like...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

Jokes aside, I'm far from a Little G supporter....but what did people expect from two foreign fighters on American TV?!?....one dude's english is choppy and the other dude's hair is a mess lol....150k might sound weak but if you really look at it, it's what was expected....nobody knows these two in the casual circle....fighters like Floyd, Pac, Nelo and Cotto be tapping into the casual fans pockets
      Bruh loooooooooollllllll

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Naw bruh more like this

Comment

If it makes him feel any better, I bought the card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

Jokes aside, I'm far from a Little G supporter....but what did people expect from two foreign fighters on American TV?!?....one dude's english is choppy and the other dude's hair is a mess lol....150k might sound weak but if you really look at it, it's what was expected....nobody knows these two in the casual circle....fighters like Floyd, Pac, Nelo and Cotto be tapping into the casual fans pockets
            Well to be fair, two foreign fighters on US PPV is not exactly foreign to HBO.

Pac vs JMM, Morales, MAB were all successful PPV's and neither of those guys were exactly crossover international superstars, just loved by hardcore fans. All of those PPV's were like in the 300-400k range.There are also other HBO PPV's between foreigners that did very well, Lewis vs Tua, Barrera vs Hamed, Cotto vs Margarito, Martinez vs Chavez Jr, Alvarez vs Angulo and Lara. Now I won't mention obvious foreign fights like Pac vs Hatton-present, and Cotto post Margarito was just clearly a household name which is why Cotto vs Pac, Marg II, Martine were all good numbers.

Comment

• In all honesty, not even hating or purposely setting a high standard for them, but I honestly thought the PPV would do at least 250k and would top 300k. I was anticipating to read hougigo or evil abed post a thread saying "GGG vs Lemiuex does 275-300k". To see half of that, or even less if it is 125k, was shocking. Even in hindsight, it still shocking.

Comment

Well to be fair, two foreign fighters on US PPV is not exactly foreign to HBO.

Pac vs JMM, Morales, MAB were all successful PPV's and neither of those guys were exactly crossover international superstars, just loved by hardcore fans. All of those PPV's were like in the 300-400k range.There are also other HBO PPV's between foreigners that did very well, Lewis vs Tua, Barrera vs Hamed, Cotto vs Margarito, Martinez vs Chavez Jr, Alvarez vs Angulo and Lara. Now I won't mention obvious foreign fights like Pac vs Hatton-present, and Cotto post Margarito was just clearly a household name which is why Cotto vs Pac, Marg II, Martine were all good numbers.
                For real? You think Mexican/PR carries the same weight on Ppv as Kazakh?

Comment

In all honesty, not even hating or purposely setting a high standard for them, but I honestly thought the PPV would do at least 250k and would top 300k. I was anticipating to read hougigo or evil abed post a thread saying "GGG vs Lemiuex does 275-300k". To see half of that, or even less if it is 125k, was shocking. Even in hindsight, it still shocking.
                  Same here. I actually thought that 350k might have been possible if the stars and the moon aligned.

Oh well. I did my part.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    For real? You think Mexican/PR carries the same weight on Ppv as Kazakh?
                    How about Lennox Lewis vs David Tua? They did 420k on HBO PPV. That is a British vs a New Zealand/Samoan boxer.

How about a Fillipino vs Mexico at 122-130? Was that aexpected to do 300-400k?

You seemed to have singled out one rivalry, but left out all the other PPV's I mentioned between foreigners in HBO PPV.

Comment

How about Lennox Lewis vs David Tua? They did 420k on HBO PPV. That is a British vs a New Zealand/Samoan boxer.

How about a Fillipino vs Mexico at 122-130? Was that aexpected to do 300-400k?

You seemed to have singled out one rivalry, but left out all the other PPV's I mentioned between foreigners in HBO PPV.
                      8/10 fights you mentioned featured a top Mexican or PR. The other 2 were PAC coming off DLh (after 7 fights vs Mexican legsnds) and undisputed HW champ coming off 2 bouts with mainstream icon Holyfield, when HW was still the glamor division in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X