No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs David Lemiuex Does Roughly 150,000 PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
    I am so tired of reading their crap that I won't bother with the ignore list anymore, I'm just going to leave the board completely. It is really not worth the aggravation. This is one of the poorest moderated boards of any kind that I have ever been a member of. No other board allows people to do nothing but troll those who try to contribute useful information, while adding nothing of value to the board themselves. All other boards I have belonged to would simply ban trolls like that outright.

Here, the trolls seem to be the norm rather than the exception. So honestly, **** IT. Let the inmates run the asylum. Let the board sink to the bottom of the swamp if that's what the mods want it to be.
    Golovkin's numbers are so bad, his fans are leaving the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Did people really think that?

Canelo,Cotto,Pac didn't crack that number unless they were fighting Mayweather And Floyd barely beat that against Berto...
      Yeah 400k for a first PPV is unrealistic. I was expecting 300k which is pretty standard for a rising stars first PPV as the A-side.

Comment

• Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
        If you think about it thought two non American fighters neither of them being Latino did 150,000 on PPV on HBO is pretty successful don't you think.
        No........

Comment

• Its not bad but lol @ all the imbeciles who were calling GGG a ppv star or that he was going to replace FLoyd as the face of boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Yea, I still can't get over it because half the people here mocked the 200k target as being a ridiculously low bar. As a fan of boxing I hate numbers like these but something tells me that it's not really a sign of anything other than the fans being too educated to pay for an inconsequential squash match like this from an unproven fighter. Canelo Cotto will be the real gauge of boxing's post-May/Pac health. I anticipate that will bring good numbers. And, if it doesn't, then we've got something to worry about.
            Cotto-Canelo will deliver. People know them, it's PR vs Mexico. And even though Canelo is slightly favored, it really is just slightly. I think Canelo is going to win but I am not 100% confident about that. People will support good fights. Golovkin fans are under the impression that fans support mismatches because both guys can punch. Not true. GGG put down Floyd's style and praised himself as an all action Mexican fighter, but then ended up fighting like Wladimir Klitschko without the grabbing.

Comment

• A side huh lmao I thought he was going to be the next big star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                https://t.co/VPj6GoCxcb

Do you consider this a success or a failure? Maybe GGG isn't the superstar people are saying just yet. Personally I expected to do around 300k but they did state anything over 200,000 was a success and it didn't quite reach that.

However, some good news: Golovkin vs. Lemieux set a Madison Square Garden record, selling over $120,000 in merch inside the arena for the event
                well considering they said they needed 200k of course its a failure

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  PPV is a dying model folks...Mayweather Berto did terrible and now this....if there's not 2 A side fighters people don't wanna pay..

Next months fight will do huge numbers I assume because it's 2 stars..
                  yea but thats the thing 600k used to be considered a great buy rate its only bad if ur name is mayweather

Comment

• When you get half of what was expected then it's a failure sorry.
                    The promotion was hella weak though.

Comment

• Not that I thought he was going to do big numbers, but I find it odd that website which virtually smells the aroma of Mayweather's farts and tells you what he ate for breakfast, NEVER once had any pay-per-view figures for any of Mayweather's fights, including his last, but they just so happen to know what GGG did three days after his show.

Comment

Working...
                      X