Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does GGG Belong In The Higher Weight Classes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares if he's "too small" or "too big".

Great fighters do move through weight classes.

This isn't a new thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Who cares if he's "too small" or "too big".

Great fighters do move through weight classes.

This isn't a new thing.
      And that's what he said he'd do. He'd move there once he unifies his MW division, which is also something great fighters do.

Comment

Once he cleans out the MW division for good then yes the people moaning about him moving up have a point then but for now their opinion on him moving up now is null and void.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
          And that's what he said he'd do. He'd move there once he unifies his MW division, which is also something great fighters do.
          Don't listen to Dirk, he is too busy slurping over Brook he holds a different standard to fighters he likes for example Brook a guy who has spent 11 years as a pro at welterweight but only last year fought for a world title, does that not say it all about the credibility of this poster

Yet he's never once begged for Brook to move up yet he gives Khan stick for moving up three times?
          How does that work out hmmmm lol.
          Last edited by M Bison; 10-20-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
            Don't listen to Dirk, he is too busy slurping over Brook he holds a different standard to fighters he likes for example Brook a guy who has spent 11 years as a pro at welterweight but only last year fought for a world title, does that not say it all about the credibility of this poster

Yet he's never once begged for Brook to move up yet he gives Khan stick for moving up three times?
            How does that work out hmmmm lol.
            Are you going to draw attention to your obsession with me and Kell Brook in every thread I post in you sad little man?

Comment

Well it's something he said he'd do, then he said he wouldn't, then he'd do it for certain fighters, then he'd only do it at catchweights for other fighters. Or that he'd only move up if it's for a PPV fight.

There's nothing really concrete that comes out of that camp.

I was referring more to the fan excuses of him being "too small". Many fighters have been too small for certain weight classes but have moved up.

The most feared fighter seems to have the most scared fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Well it's something he said he'd do, then he said he wouldn't, then he'd do it for certain fighters, then he'd only do it at catchweights for other fighters. Or that he'd only move up if it's for a PPV fight.

There's nothing really concrete that comes out of that camp.

I was referring more to the fan excuses of him being "too small". Many fighters have been too small for certain weight classes but have moved up.

The most feared fighter seems to have the most scared fanbase.
                Actually their message has been remarkably consistent, it's just people like you who hate GGG try to twist it around and refuse to face the facts.

He has always been targeting MW champs, he's been calling out a MW champion for past 3 years. After everyone passed on him, he said he'd move up/down in weight for a big fight (Froch & MW). Now that he's gained recognition he no longer needs to do that. Can't get simpler than that.

And I'm glad GGG's team is doing everything the right way. If he took a 168 or 175 fight in 2015 without cleaning out MW first, wasn't comfortable at that weight and lost, he would never get another shot.

Comment

He weighed 170 last fight, 2 pounds over 168 pound. Him staying at 160 is fine. It's practically the norm now for fighters to continue to fight in a division 10 pounds under their actual weight. I see him moving to 168 in the future but I wouldn't hold it against him staying at 160.
                  I agree with this; the Ward fight isn't there anymoe with Ward moving to 175 setting up a match with the crusher. Unless a big name calls for him to come up there, then no need to make that move. FYI there are no big enough names to make that call, i just hope Cotto or Canelo fight the man, which i doubt.

Comment

175 isnt likely. I can see GGG being a two-division champion though 160-168.

Comment

People need to put the hate away and stop worrying about ggg moving up or not. He's 33 he's body is fully grown n on fight night weighs only 170! He's always look great during weigh in n healthy on fight night.

N no, boxers move up when they struggle to make the weight or when they've accomplish all there is to do in that weight. Or when they r chased outta that division. Truth is ggg keeps saying he wants to unify the division, he'll go down in history for that. He's making weight, he's making money so haters learn to respect that! He ain't done with the division yet.

Do you hear ggg calling for froch or chavez jr anymore? He wanted chavez jr cuz the money was there so he gave leverage to jr at 168, since jr lost they're not interest anymore. Same goes to froch he backed out n that was it.
                      Last edited by Kenchiro; 10-20-2015, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X