Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Chocolatito really deserve the #1 P4P Spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be higher than ward and loma that's for Damn sure. Not higher than klitch or rigo or manny. In fact Manny should be #1

Comment

The #1 spot right now seems arguable for or against a few guys. I can go either way with #1 for Gonzalez. I think he gots to be in anyone's top 3 if you are serious about your P4P list doe.

Comment

IMO, Absolutely the most deserving.

I think this is the ignorance of the casual/pretend to be serious Boxing fan not being aware of the scene below Featherweight.

Comment

Originally posted by No Tomorrow View Post
          IMO, Absolutely the most deserving.

I think this is the ignorance of the casual/pretend to be serious Boxing fan not being aware of the scene below Featherweight.
          OR... this could be the wannabe "in the know" boxer putting RG as #1 to appear more knowledgable since they have a guy most people never watch as the top P4P guy...just saying.

And I get P4P is subjective. It also depends on what you base it on. Some guys go on accomplishments. Some go who truly the most skilled/hardest to beat which is what I do. Like Lomachenko has less than 10 fights...but he's demonstrated that he might be the most skilled boxer in the game. He really doesn't have a weakness. His amateur record has to even be factored. Yes it's subjective, but one must also be able to rationalize their list. There are multiple right answers but there are certainly some wrong ones. Not saying RG is wrong, but I don't understand how he's more deserving than some of these others.

Comment

I agree with Ring Mag, Transnational Boxing Rankings, ESPN, and every other boxing organization that has Roman Chocalatito Gonzalez ranked #1 P4P fighter in the world.

Comment

This is my question, Roman has been ranked #2 for the past year. Hardly anyone complaind about his ranking.

But now that his ranked #1 it's a problem.

So what is the big deal, we knew he was going to be ranked #1 since May but now that it has happen people are complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                Should be higher than ward and loma that's for Damn sure. Not higher than klitch or rigo or manny. In fact Manny should be #1
                He's torn through 3 weight divisions. Keeps an active schedule all while defending his crown on the road. To boot the guy looks spectacular in each outing.

Rigo needs to get back in the ring. The longer he's inactive, the more he'll continue to fall on people's p4p lists.

As for Manny, he's lucky to even crack the list. Losses to Mayweather and Marquez far overshadow beating the likes of Algieri, Rios and Bradley.

Comment

Just because he is little guy doesn't mean he can't be P4P.
                  I think he can box very very good. He is effective and entertaining. He is undefeated and have a lot of KO in a division where is hard to KO because their lack of real power.
                  I can't say he is #1 but he deserve to be on top.

Comment

I don't have him #1 but based on the eye test, I'm fine with it. He beat a top 20 P4P fighter in Estrada and great fighters in his division.

Really, whoever your #2 was before Floyd retired, that fighter have been #1 after Sept 13th.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Definitely higher than the two I highlighted and possibly higher than Rigo cos that guy must be retired by now.

But yeah, Pac, GGG, Kovalev and Wlad all higher. Wlad is my no. 1.
                      How anyone could have somebody that is the Big Klit as number 1 is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                      X