Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many fighters went back down in lbs. to win a title after holding 1 @ a higher 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many fighters went back down in lbs. to win a title after holding 1 @ a higher 1

The only people I can think of is Zab Judah moving back down to 140 and winning the IBF title after holding the undisputed 147 title and 140 previously

Jones did it was well winning the wba title at heavy and coming back down to beat Tarver at 175

That's no easy feat

Anthony Mundine and Zab Judah

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Anthony Mundine and Zab Judah
      GOOD CALL

Forgot all about mundine....Hold up didn't he win the WBA at 168, what other major titles did he win??? I know he moved down to 154 a couple years ago but he didn't win one

Comment

Adrien Broner
        Henry Armstrong

Comment

Bob Fitzsimmons.

And Pacquiao.
          Last edited by VG_Addict; 10-19-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

floyd of course just like what the op has in his mind the whole time for starting this thread.

Comment

So far we have Broner(forgot all about AB), Ruby Fitz, Jones, Judah

did I miss anybody??

How significant of an accomplishment do you guys consider this feat to be?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                GOOD CALL

Forgot all about mundine....Hold up didn't he win the WBA at 168, what other major titles did he win??? I know he moved down to 154 a couple years ago but he didn't win one
                You're right. He lost the fight to Geale where IBF title was actually on the line.

He did win Interim WBA at title Jr. Middle but that doesn't count if there was an actual champion in the division at the time.

Comment

The only people I can think of is Zab Judah moving back down to 140 and winning the IBF title after holding the undisputed 147 title and 140 previously

Jones did it was well winning the wba title at heavy and coming back down to beat Tarver at 175

That's no easy feat
                  Definitely, Ruiz was no push over. Jones eating Heavyweight bodyshots at the ropes is crazy. Ali ate bodyshots at the ropes or played rope a dope with entertainment. So when Floyd ate Cottos or a couple of Alvarez blows seeing Pac in 4th flurry on Floyd was nothing... When Floyd shook his classic head at Pac at the ropes each time is forever priceless. The best can literally make the ropes absorb the blows.

Comment

So far we have Broner(forgot all about AB), Ruby Fitz, Jones, Judah

did I miss anybody??

How significant of an accomplishment do you guys consider this feat to be?
                    Floyd, SRL, and Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X