Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many fighters went back down in lbs. to win a title after holding 1 @ a higher 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    floyd of course just like what the op has in his mind the whole time for starting this thread.
    I actually forgot Floyd did this as well.....get a life bro...I haven't made a thread about him or made a post about the guy in weeks

The "haters" talk about the man more than the guys you call nuthuggers

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
      Bob Fitzsimmons.

And Pacquiao.
      Pac did but that WBC title at 150 wasn't all that impressive considering neither were ranked at 150 to begin with and Margo hadn't looked impressive in some time

He did accomplish this though

Comment

Carlos Ortiz won the junior welterweight title in '59 and three years later won the lightweight title.

Bob Fitzsimmons won the heavyweight title and later won the light heavyweight title.
        Last edited by TBear; 10-19-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          Carlos Ortiz won the junior welterweight title in '59 and three years later won the lightweight title.

Bob Fitzsimmons won the heavyweight title and later won the light heavyweight title.
          good call, I thought...Ortiz is often forgotten but he is arguably the greatest PR fighters ever...well he fought out of NY I think

Comment

Broner

Hearns and leonard both won light heavy/supper middle belts and moved back down I'm pretty sure

Comment

oscar de la hoya when he beat mayorga

Comment

shane mosley when he beat margarito

Comment

It puts winning a title in a higher division into greater perspective. Some people grow into a weight division, but if they move back down I am more likely to see them as a Welterweight winning a title at Jr Middleweight (or whatever the relevant divisions are).

Comment

"There Only One RICKY HATTON!" but it was the IBO belt though and he was still the RING champ back then..

Comment

******ed thread is ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X