No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas is sick of Golovkins Competition: He spazes out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    How are Murray and Lemeuix superior to Jacobs? Not saying Jacobs is superior, but they are all around the same level.
    I'd probably say Murray > Jacobs > Lemieux but not much separating either. Maybe I'll feel compelled to pick one clear leader in the bunch after Murray/Abraham and Jacobs/Quillin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
      This is the line that made me roll my eyes and realize that Teddy is full of **** on this one. Either he's pimping the Haymon fighters or he's just being blindly pro-NYC/American. Either way, his biased opinion about Gennady means precisely d1ck. I respect Golovkin's wins over Murray and Lemieux more than I would respect him beating up Quillin or Jacobs.

Let me break it down for Teddy-

A-list opponents of the past: Sturm, Martinez
      A-list opponents of the present: Cotto, Canelo
      A-list opponents of the future: Andre Ward, and who else? The Dirrells, I guess. Maybe DeGale or Groves? But are they A-list, though?

The first two blatantly ducked him and weren't even that sneaky about it. They didn't want any.

The next two.. the verdict's still out. Maybe they feel their nuts and step up. Maybe they duck him like so many others. He can't force them to fight, can he?

The guys at 168, I hope they'll fight him. I know Ward won't mind, especially considering that he's a LHW now and will likely enjoy a huge weight advantage, but let's see how the other top 10 guys start acting when Genna gets up there and starts busting ***n heads just like he did at 160. Maybe they fight him, or maybe they just keep fighting each other and pretending he doesn't exist.

This is why resumes sometimes have to be viewed in the circumstances that produced them.
      This is some quality work

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        I disagree

Groves, Degale, Abraham, the Dirrell Bros, and Badou Jack would be fun to see if GGG could knockout
        If I were him, I would avoid Andre Dirrell. That fight could spell trouble for Golovkin. I honestly feel Andre Dirrell is more talented than Ward, but Ward has a stronger mental game and focus.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
          I'd probably say Murray > Jacobs > Lemieux but not much separating either. Maybe I'll feel compelled to pick one clear leader in the bunch after Murray/Abraham and Jacobs/Quillin.
          i cant see either of those guys beating lemieux, unless golovkin completely ruined him

Comment

• Dontae is pathetic the sound clip he provided was after the murray fight . Not the lemieux fight like this biased prick dontae tries to portray

Comment

• I think dontae just stole an old espn friday night fights segment with teddy and doug kezerisn ...i think that was from after the murray fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                i cant see either of those guys beating lemieux, unless golovkin completely ruined him
                I can see both beating Lemieux. Lemieux is an ok fighter but not that good without that power. He has no jab to speak of, isn't really quick, doesn't seem as if he knows what to do if he can't hurt you, and doesn't really seem like he knows how to lure you into traps so he can capitalize with his power. If you can stay away from his power or take his shot you can beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
                  This is the line that made me roll my eyes and realize that Teddy is full of **** on this one. Either he's pimping the Haymon fighters or he's just being blindly pro-NYC/American. Either way, his biased opinion about Gennady means precisely d1ck. I respect Golovkin's wins over Murray and Lemieux more than I would respect him beating up Quillin or Jacobs.

Let me break it down for Teddy-

A-list opponents of the past: Sturm, Martinez
                  A-list opponents of the present: Cotto, Canelo
                  A-list opponents of the future: Andre Ward, and who else? The Dirrells, I guess. Maybe DeGale or Groves? But are they A-list, though?

The first two blatantly ducked him and weren't even that sneaky about it. They didn't want any.

The next two.. the verdict's still out. Maybe they feel their nuts and step up. Maybe they duck him like so many others. He can't force them to fight, can he?

The guys at 168, I hope they'll fight him. I know Ward won't mind, especially considering that he's a LHW now and will likely enjoy a huge weight advantage, but let's see how the other top 10 guys start acting when Genna gets up there and starts busting ***n heads just like he did at 160. Maybe they fight him, or maybe they just keep fighting each other and pretending he doesn't exist.

This is why resumes sometimes have to be viewed in the circumstances that produced them.

No way in hell would I put Felix Sturm A-Class. He robbed Macklin and Murray. Murray was also robbed by Sergio Martinez. Martin Murray would be on this A-list had he not been robbed in both fights. Seriously, to all naysayers go back and watch both fights. Murray's only loss would have been to Golovkin as of right now. Can't wait to see him against Arthur Abraham, and whether or not he's made the transition to SMW well or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    If I were him, I would avoid Andre Dirrell. That fight could spell trouble for Golovkin. I honestly feel Andre Dirrell is more talented than Ward, but Ward has a stronger mental game and focus.
                    GGG has already outboxed Dirrel in the Olympics. If I was him that'll be the first fight I take. Be the first to really beat Dirrel's ass because honestly he has nothing for him at this point in their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Dirrell is very talented but he's a total headcase. If smaller Ggg could outpoint him in a 3 rounder with big gloves and headgear, he'd have him jumping out of the ring under pro rules

Comment

Working...
                      X