No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    EXACTLY!! And PBC is pitting prospects against prospects and there are back and forth battles and that what matters. And at the higher levels, I can name a number of even or near even matchups where the favorite as well as the underdog won, all on PBC unlike BULLSHT Goldenboy cards which are an endless string of setups with no letup, no even matches, no upsets, only prospects with their training wheels welded on. I mean HOW MANY TIMES can they show 3 undefeated featherweight prospects fighting each other's leftovers but not each other??!!! How many times can they show a prospect go against a guy who lost 3 out of his last 5 fights??!! Top Rank does the same exact thing with those Telefutura, Boxing Azteca Saturday shows. Prospects against guaranteed losers. Al Haymon is obviously extremely passionate about Boxing, unlike GBP who claims he wants the best to fight the best but all he does is weld training wheels onto his fighters to keep the gravy train flowing.
    I actually like and watch the Spanish boxing shows with the sound off. I also watch the TR cards on Fridays (usually DVR them). I don't mind seeing prospects get winnable fights. I just like watching the sport.

I just do not get the complaints about more boxing programming on TV. Every fight isn't Ward/Gatti. It's like people can no longer enjoy the sport unless its a big name.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I actually like and watch the Spanish boxing shows with the sound off. I also watch the TR cards on Fridays (usually DVR them). I don't mind seeing prospects get winnable fights. I just like watching the sport.

I just do not get the complaints about more boxing programming on TV. Every fight isn't Ward/Gatti. It's like people can no longer enjoy the sport unless its a big name.
      True. When we are watching these lessor known fighters fight, we are seeing the future of boxing because out of all these fight cards, a crop will rise that will define the PFP landscape of tomorrow. Somewhere a 15-1 or 12-0 fighter is going to go on to become a champ and a star and a PFP and even an ATG. It all starts somewhere. I am thrilled with what Al Haymon has done and wish him the best success. For someone to be able to garner all these networks and all these cards in so little time is seriously impressive. But when someone complains about having more of what they want as a fan, they are biting the hand that feeds and I question the motive of their teeth when they only find bad things to say.

Comment

True. When we are watching these lessor known fighters fight, we are seeing the future of boxing because out of all these fight cards, a crop will rise that will define the PFP landscape of tomorrow. Somewhere a 15-1 or 12-0 fighter is going to go on to become a champ and a star and a PFP and even an ATG. It all starts somewhere. I am thrilled with what Al Haymon has done and wish him the best success. For someone to be able to garner all these networks and all these cards in so little time is seriously impressive. But when someone complains about having more of what they want as a fan, they are biting the hand that feeds and I question the motive of their teeth when they only find bad things to say.
        Very true. Watching those spanish channels is how I discovered Roman Gonzalez a few years back.

Comment

This thread doesn't even have 100 comments.......lol

Comment

I just think some younger fans never really knew how it was so they can't grasp it. I like sitting down on a Tuesday/Wednesday night and watching guys I don't know fight. Obviously for young fans that can buy "the package" for hoops , hockey or college bball, its not a big deal and I get that.

I am going to enjoy it as long as I can. One day the young fans will realize that minor cards on off nights is how you get to see the floyds, Mannys. roys, cottos etc before they blow up.

Comment

I'm actually tired of ppvs

I would love too see a big superfight on PBC

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                I'm actually tired of ppvs

I would love too see a big superfight on PBC
                Can you imagine Wilder-Klitschko free on NBC on a Saturday night? Forget May-Pac... grandma and grandpa, great uncle Joe, everybody would be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Be even more interesting in 6 months time when things have settled down a bit.
                  I think you'll be surprised *said in Brendan Schaub voice*

PBC has actually been ramping things up. There were 8 PBC shows from March to May, its first 3 months of activity. September had 9 shows. October is scheduled to have 9 shows. And there is a new Fox prime time slot deal that already has shows planned as late as July 2016. And the TR $100M lawsuit has been slapped down (TR does have another 10 days iirc to re-submit an amended suit, but my assumption is that won't go happen & GBP's $300M lawuit will be the only thing in PBC's way moving forward).

I must admit I do find the imminent PBC downfall guys hilarious. I hope even if PBC is successful & creates a NFL of boxing that you guys continue this imminent downfall stance indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I just think some younger fans never really knew how it was so they can't grasp it. I like sitting down on a Tuesday/Wednesday night and watching guys I don't know fight. Obviously for young fans that can buy "the package" for hoops , hockey or college bball, its not a big deal and I get that.

I am going to enjoy it as long as I can. One day the young fans will realize that minor cards on off nights is how you get to see the floyds, Mannys. roys, cottos etc before they blow up.
                    Yea this is how you create new fans. When I started watching boxing I would watch USA's & ESPN's shows every Tuesday & Thursday. I rarely knew much about the guys fighting & those fights were largely a contender or prospect vs a journeyman or lower type guy or maybe two low level fringe contender type guys. When there was a title fight or prospect vs prospect type fights those were special nights that had a poormans HBO quality to them.

PBC is throwing higher caliber fights on & throwing them on more often. As a boxing fan I love it. And like a few guys are saying its hard to keep up with all the fights these days. I wish I was a kid with nothing to do like when I first started watching boxing as I'd be all caught up on my Tivo'd fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I think you'll be surprised *said in Brendan Schaub voice*

PBC has actually been ramping things up. There were 8 PBC shows from March to May, its first 3 months of activity. September had 9 shows. October is scheduled to have 9 shows. And there is a new Fox prime time slot deal that already has shows planned as late as July 2016. And the TR $100M lawsuit has been slapped down (TR does have another 10 days iirc to re-submit an amended suit, but my assumption is that won't go happen & GBP's $300M lawuit will be the only thing in PBC's way moving forward).

I must admit I do find the imminent PBC downfall guys hilarious. I hope even if PBC is successful & creates a NFL of boxing that you guys continue this imminent downfall stance indefinitely.
                      Kool man, great to hear. I wasn't being negative, I wish PBC all the best.

More is better, and good matchups are always important.... my only hope is for less fragmentation.

More boxing is great, so long as there is still clarification at the top.

If the top guys cant fight it becomes stale.

Comment

Working...
                      X