No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Al Haymon/Investors Get Upper Hand in Top Rank Lawsuit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Can you imagine Wilder-Klitschko free on NBC on a Saturday night? Forget May-Pac... grandma and grandpa, great uncle Joe, everybody would be watching.
    isnt that the plan with PBC in the first place?? to eventually take PPV worthy fights and put them on primetime tv for FREE?

obviously with floyd being that exception,but honestly he never fought under the "PBC" brand,only showtime

Comment

Call me a prick, but I am just praying that Bob is reeeaaal salty over this

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Call me a prick, but I am just praying that Bob is reeeaaal salty over this
        Bobby couldn't handle the competition from Al so out of spite he tried to sue like a bit@h and ended up losing. It's been a hard year for the pu$$ie a** fan base that is behind Arum.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Scipio2009 let the grown men talk and go sit at the kids table. You have your tongue so far up Haymon's arsss it's impossible to take anything you say serious. This the same dude who just last week was saying the reason PBC ratings flopped on ESPN was because of a WNBA game on ESPN2 and then said since there is no baseball on friday the PBC on SPIKETV card with Fonfara was going to get 800K-1mil viewers.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=691254&page=3

Well you Haymon knob swallowing idiot the TV ratings came out and PBC tanked again with only 315k viewers just a little shy of that 800K mark you predicted huh?

Managers DO NOT PAY FIGHTERS PURSES. That's a promoters job. Golden Boy and their dealings with Haymon are why Schaefer got his butt fired. Everyone knows while Schaefer ran things towards the end Golden Boy was Haymon's puppet. That's why Oscar took over his control and fired Schaefer and sued them and won by the way getting a huge check. Their latest lawsuit has nothing to do with that hell a judge already sided with Golden Boy on that point.
          Drown yourself, clown. Haymon-affiliated fighters are all facing different situations. For every Adonis Stevenson (GYM), Andrezj Fonfara (Warriors Boxing), or James Degale (Matchroom Sport), there's also a Chavez Jr (Chavez Jr Promotions), Errol Spence Jr, Keith Thurman, or Caleb Plant.

Haymon acts as the "clearinghouse" for most of the fighters that he works with. The fact that you fail to realize that makes you look stupid.

Comment

Can you imagine Wilder-Klitschko free on NBC on a Saturday night? Forget May-Pac... grandma and grandpa, great uncle Joe, everybody would be watching.
            There's no way in hell that Wilder-Klitschko is going to be on free TV; fight will PPV in US/UK/Canada and, counting a likely sizable site fee for the live rates, the bout is likely to approach generating $50m-$70m in revenue.

Haymon's rolling with a ton of money, but I doubt that he lays out that kind of bread to put that fight on free-to-air.

Comment

"Haymon is a defacto promoter doe" that was my fav, which one of yall said again?

And still this thread is at ONLY 94 comments!? Whats up with that? When these lawsuits 1st about i swear the comments hit about 500comments in a few hrs lol cmon fellas just eat that crow and you can at least post with some dignity. I ate mine and i have admitted that PBC quality has been getn better of late..cmon fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                True. When we are watching these lessor known fighters fight, we are seeing the future of boxing because out of all these fight cards, a crop will rise that will define the PFP landscape of tomorrow. Somewhere a 15-1 or 12-0 fighter is going to go on to become a champ and a star and a PFP and even an ATG. It all starts somewhere. I am thrilled with what Al Haymon has done and wish him the best success. For someone to be able to garner all these networks and all these cards in so little time is seriously impressive. But when someone complains about having more of what they want as a fan, they are biting the hand that feeds and I question the motive of their teeth when they only find bad things to say.
                Wow, you actually have a very great point about more boxing being on TV...i almost feel bad about griping now lol but you cant deny that the PBC quality was 2nd rate and i admit its gotten a lot better...ALOT BETTER. Honestly imo i think Haymon was just testing the waters on what he can get away with, ratings-wise, come to think of it.

Myself as a fan i absolutely loathe anything Bob Arum...im so stoaked he lost this battle. The guy is absolutely bad for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Now, now, now, alt. Saltiness will get you nowhere.
                  lol Alt calling someone an alt! The irony in that is hilarious!

Comment

Wilder-Klitschko on NBC? Makes me hard. You want my honest opinion though? It will average less viewers than the total amount of people that paid $100 for Mayweather-Pacquiao (4.4M). That's boxing in America.

Comment

• Dey tried to stop a slick bidness bruvva but we always gon' shine!

HBO and Rob Arum ain't sheit!!!!

Sheeeiiiittttttt

Comment

Working...
                      X