Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rohan Murdock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a feeling that Murdock will become a household name around here the same way Salka has.

Comment

According to boxrec he's the 3rd best Aussie Supermiddleweight so you know he's legit.

Speaking of which I wonder if they considered Blake Caparello. Not that he's a top guy but he has some recognisable names on his record, already fought Kovalev and was already in prep for the Dirrell fight that got cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Think somebody in his family made him a highlight videos
        Lol this is too funny

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Can't recall the source, but Ward's deal to be on the Cotto-Canelo PPV as the co-feature (first of three fights owed to HBO) is apparently almost done and Murdock was being mentioned as the possible opponent (BoxRec shows that he was already targeting a late November fight on his own, so he's already in camp).

Height/reach seem to pattern Kovalev, a quick highlight video of Murdock on Youtube show him kind of fighting like Kovalev (trying to keep range, heavy straight shots, lunging in on the attack, etc), but the fight has the added caveat of Murdock being a bubble super middleweight/ light heavyweight.
          Whoever sanctioned an 85 year old media mogul to fight in a professional boxing match is a disgrace. I hope Rupert doesn't get killed. He only just recovered from the phone hacking scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Lol this is too funny
            Wasn't even trying to be a dick too, lol.
            The person's username was like Anne Murdock

Comment

It is pretty funny that Ward is fighting a worse opponent for each successive tune-up. From Rodriguez to Smith to Murdock. And he's gotten $2M for each fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                It is pretty funny that Ward is fighting a worse opponent for each successive tune-up. From Rodriguez to Smith to Murdock. And he's gotten $2M for each fight.
                Ward is laughing all the way to the bank.

HBO's Hershman will back him no matter what. But he's going to waste HBO money with Ward receiving big paydays to fight soft opponents.

He has few fans because of his boring "headbutt, hold, clinch and clamp" style and they are becoming even fewer because of his infrequent fighting and his increasingly soft opposition.

Comment

Watched 30 secs of that highlight video and stopped that was enough, that and he's from Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Ward is laughing all the way to the bank.

HBO's Hershman will back him no matter what. But he's going to waste HBO money with Ward receiving big paydays to fight soft opponents.

He has few fans because of his boring "headbutt, hold, clinch and clamp" style and they are becoming even fewer because of his infrequent fighting and his increasingly soft opposition.
                    Hey I'm a big Ward fan, but Murdock would be a laughable choice. I root for Ward because of his ability to shine when the lights are the brightest (Kessler, Froch, Dawson), and while I'll always watch Ward fight, he hasn't had a meaningful fight since September 2012. That's over 3 years. He's gotta step his game up.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      According to boxrec he's the 3rd best Aussie Supermiddleweight so you know he's legit.

Speaking of which I wonder if they considered Blake Caparello. Not that he's a top guy but he has some recognisable names on his record, already fought Kovalev and was already in prep for the Dirrell fight that got cancelled.
                      But Ward is forcing him to fight at LHW. So he is totally unranked at that weight as he has never fought there. This is a joke and HBO should be ashamed of themselves for allowing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X