Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[real talk]its not that hard to determine who the real p5p #1 is when using logic,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing the most huh? What the **** has Ward done lately.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
      the requisite for #1 has never changed in the entire histoyr of the sport,and it never will.

its about which (non retired) fighter currently has the best resume and is doing the most,its really that simple

so now,it is up to us (the fans) to determine which non retired boxer has the best resume and isnt looking like he will lose anytime soon,

to me,that is easily confined to none other then andre ward,but i aint mad atcha if u have pacuqioa #1,especially after he beat khans butt
      PFP's original meaning was a fantasy based guideline to determine who would win between fighters from any weightclass if they were the same size.

An example would be who'd win if Rigo and Wlad were the same size.

That's what pfp originally meant bud. It's been revised to be nothing more than a popularity contest since Floyd and Pacman took over.

Comment

It weird how no one had a problem with Gonzales being #2 but now that he's the consensus #1 all the weirdo are coming out the woodwork.

Gonzales is the best fighter in the world and all the threads in the world won't change that.

Comment

Your definition of pound for pound is wrong. Resume has next to nothing to do with pound for pound. Pound for pound is how good you think a boxer is right now based on his recent fights. Ward doesn't get to be number 1 pfp based on what he did 4 or 5 years ago. If you think Ward is number 1 based on his last 2 or 3 fights that's fine. If you are making Ward number 1 based on him winning the super six tournament many years ago, that is not how pfp is supposed to work. It's how good you think a boxer is for his size, right now, today, not 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

i stopped at "when using logic" when i saw who the op was

Comment

the requisite for #1 has never changed in the entire histoyr of the sport,and it never will.

its about which (non retired) fighter currently has the best resume and is doing the most,its really that simple

so now,it is up to us (the fans) to determine which non retired boxer has the best resume and isnt looking like he will lose anytime soon,

to me,that is easily confined to none other then andre ward,but i aint mad atcha if u have pacuqioa #1,especially after he beat khans butt
              I don't know that pfp has ever really been about resume...its more about who is the best active fighter regardless of weight. Like who would beat who if they were the same size.

Comment

the better the fighters u beat (resume)determine if u are the best fighter in the world......buts its also what your doing at present time combined,for instance roy jones has a great resume but would never be considered p4p #1 or close to it
                Were you born yesterday??? EVERYONE knows that for YEARS Jones was not only the PFP#1, he was the FIGHTER OF THE DECADE!! On top of that is an ATG! How the hell could you NOT know any of this unless you were born yesterday??!! Your attempt at comic relief was an epic fail.
                Last edited by richardt; 10-17-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Not that it matters but I think it should be vacant. There isn't a clear #1 so no need to force it.

I have a hard time giving it to Ward based on stuff he accomplished years ago. He hasn't beat a top 10 fighter in a couple years at least. If we're going off that logic, on what someone did years ago, then that would be Pacquiao. But that's not how this should work.

Comment

the most important thing to me is form. it's not a lifetime achievement award. when ward beats a solid fighter again then he'll be back in my list. if he beats golovkin or kovalev then perhaps he'll be #1

Comment

Khan could rightfully be considered P4P #1.

Floyd ducked him repeatedly (and by now you all know that's not even debatable). Manny appears to be ducking him now (although it's more Roach/Arum doing the ducking I suspect).

If the top 2 or 3 perceived P4P guys duck you, then you naturally takeover their P4P spot.

In fact, does that actually make Khan P4P #1 and #2?? lol.. first time in history a fighter has occupied the top 2 P4P spots single-handedly?

Comment

Working...
                      X