Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khans win against Alexander looking a lot worse.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nonsense. He looked very dominant against Soto Karrass prior to facing Khan, I know people will say "but it's Soto Karass" but Maidana, Thurman and Berto had some problems with him and Alexander beat him very easily.

Alexander is clearly talented, but being out for 10 months his legs didn't look like they were there, he was in cruise control for the last 5 rounds and overall he didn't take his opponent seriously. What happens with Alexanders career, from now on, will determine how good that victory was for Khan.

Comment

Khan turned him down about a year before when he had a belt, then after he lost to Porter decided he was worth fighting. Khan's best win is a guy who was halfway through a losing streak. The Alexander win isn't meaningless, Alexander is still a good fighter but not the sort of best win you'd expect for a guy who thinks he can call the shots when negotiating with Floyd and Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Khan simply ruined Alexander. He did the same thing to Maidana which is why Floyd ducked Khan and fought a Khan leftover.

If Floyd comes out of retirement you can guarantee that he'll target Alexander because he's a Khan leftover.

Floyd even fought Ortiz who is another Khan leftover way back from amateur days.
        You are so ****ing delusional!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Floyd even fought Ortiz who is another Khan leftover way back from amateur days.
          This guy is pretty funny, I don't think the other Khantards even realise that he's parodying them.

Comment

I swear the Khan hate is RIDICULOUS around here!!!! Anything to hate on the guy, I saw this comin last night watching that fight and I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Who has refused to fight him other than Mayweather if you want to call it that. Just because he didn't get a Mayweather fight doesn't mean Mayweather refused.

Contrary, everyone incl. Thurman/Brook/Porter/Garcia have recently come out and said they'd be ready to fight him anytime. But he doesn't want to do that.

He should realize that he's one of those guys. He's not better and he's not a bigger draw. He's one of the good welterweights, but definitely not the best and definitely also not the biggest draw.
              He did all he could to fight Bradley even calling him out in public at fights, and Bradley straight up ducked him when they were both at the top of 140.

Also I would love to see him fight Garcia again which he would take in a heart beat but Angel and Danny have openly said they will never fight him again.

Khan is better and stronger at 147, and in my opinion would box a smarter fight this time around and beat Danny. Danny at 147 is gonna be a whole different story. I dont see him beating any of the top welters like Thurman/Porter/Brook etc

Danny needs to step up and take a real challenge, unlike the soft touches he's been fighting, Khan would be the perfect opponent at 147 for a good opponent not necessarily great yet
              Last edited by jai mari078; 10-15-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                He wasn't drained he said so himself, they came into camp light.
                A guy who has a very hard time making 147 doesn't take another 3lbs off without draining himself.

Chad Dawson said he felt great at 168...they always say that.

Ultimately, it was a pretty good win. At the very least it's as good as the Alexander win.

Comment

Than that makes Maidna look even worse because he lost to both Khan and Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Let's not get it twisted. Khan had a good solid win and looked impressive. But it's not more than that.

Some of the Khanturds were saying Alexander was a better win than Brook's over Porter, which is just wrong for so many reasons, but that's the level of stupidity you have to deal with when dealing with Khan fans.

Khan needs a good win quick. His ranking at #3 in the WW division is crazily inflated, but whatever. If he fights and beats a top 5 opponent he'll have deserved it.
                    Your logic is "Porter beat Alexander hence, it is better", correct me if I'm wrong.

With that said was Abraham sparking out Taylor better than Calzaghe beating Hopkins given Taylor>Hopkins?

Alexander is simple the more accomplished fighter, like Bhop is to Taylor, Devon had a straight run of: Witter, Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley, Matthys, Maidana & Bailey where he was 6-1, unified 140 lbs and won a title at 147. All within 7 fights.

After Porter you run out of names to talk about on Brook's resume and will run to Ring rankings for the rescue.

"numma one Wela weigh in the werld, juss ask Eddeh and Barreh, bey bey"
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 10-15-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Draining down to 144 and beating Broner is a pretty solid win.
                      Yeah and that happened AFTER Brook. I'm only saying this cuz you're a big Kell fan. So, the version Brook fought only had Alexander and a shot to **** Malignaggi on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X