Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marquez is one of my favorites of the past era i hope he retires before he gets hurt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    A spitting image of Ricardo Lopez in his younger years.
    even the way he holds his basic guard, especially in his early days was similar to a featherweight Finito

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      even the way he holds his basic guard, especially in his early days was similar to a featherweight Finito
      Yeah I think it was because they shared Nacho Beristain as a trainer but someone mentioned to me that Lopez had some other trainers who first taught him that style.

Comment

Yeah I think it was because they shared Nacho Beristain as a trainer but someone mentioned to me that Lopez had some other trainers who first taught him that style.
        im not sure on the details but I know the fights ive watched ive always saw Nacho

Did Nacho just manage or did he also help train Mexican great Vincente Saldivar?

Comment

im not sure on the details but I know the fights ive watched ive always saw Nacho

Did Nacho just manage or did he also help train Mexican great Vincente Saldivar?
          Not sure. I think he managed him and that's how he got his start learning the ropes to eventually begin training in Mexico.

Comment

Not sure. I think he managed him and that's how he got his start learning the ropes to eventually begin training in Mexico.
            IMO if I was a prizefighter my top 3 to train with would be Nacho(all his fighters are equally equipped on offense,defense and counters), Virgil Hunter and Roger Mayweather( since he is sick I'd get his bro just to get the shoulder roll down, my ex trainer Merhav Mohar taught me the basics years ago)

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              He deserves to get hurt for being a coward and a low life who begs for rematches, roids up and once he lands a lucky punch runs for the hills. That is some sissy ****. I want to see him get beat up violently.
              Tears level 9000 ACHIEVED!

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Fast 4 Klit View Post
                Tears level 9000 ACHIEVED!

the funny thing is they accuse JMM of PED use but don't mention that Manny is the only fighter to move up in weight and actually seem faster and retain his power moving up from his days at 122 all the way up to 147

JMM was one fight.....Manny was years....if you can accuse JMM you can accuse Many....JMM never ducked Drug testing, Manny did for 5 years...that's a red flag

Comment

the funny thing is they accuse JMM of PED use but don't mention that Manny is the only fighter to move up in weight and actually seem faster and retain his power moving up from his days at 122 all the way up to 147

JMM was one fight.....Manny was years....if you can accuse JMM you can accuse Many....JMM never ducked Drug testing, Manny did for 5 years...that's a red flag
                  Yo do realize Manny isn't the only fighter to move up multiple weight classes... Floyd at 16 years old fought at 106 and went all the way to 154. Oscar fought at like 118 as a teen and went up to 160. Roy Jones fought at 135 at 16 and went to 200. Guys like Hearns, Chavez, Duran, Leonard also moved up in weight too.

Of course Manny is going to retain most of his power moving up. When Manny fought in the 126-130 division, his re-hydrated weight isn't much different than when he fought at 147.

If a guy weighs 145-150 pounds fighting in the 130 divison or he weighs 147-150 pounds fighting in the 147 division, they weigh the exact same weight. So why would a large strength change be expected? Not to mention he only has 2 KO above 140 pounds in Hatton (really the same weight as Manny) and Cotto (you can argue was weight gained and could've probably lasted 12 rounds if ref didn't stop it. DLH was getting beat but he wasn't knocked down and just retired.

Comment

The kind of punches Marquez is able to get off, I don't expect to see that anytime soon. Riskiest combinations you can think of, he gets off quite easily. And the range on some of those uppercuts, definitely my favorite combination puncher ever. Just wanted to add that.

Comment

Working...
                    X