Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez: The Latest Superstar Project For HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL..He is a good fighter no question. Truth be told HBO lost almost ALL of their talent to PBC and they have limited options. They LOST EVERYONE. Roman is good but its a hard sell in America as most GROWN men don't enjoy watching 112 pound men "fighting". I know I prefer heavier weights with opponents that I actually recognize. BJ FLORES

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      there's a lot of flyweights in asia, latin america. 112 guys are not really 112 lbs. they usually are 130-135 and kill themselves to 112.

no one is forcing you to watch. change the channel.
      1500 active boxers in weights 112,108,105 combined

1800+ lightweights...............

If boxrec doesn't list you, your comission of boxing doesn't exist....before you even bring up that excuse....

What you need to be a good flyweight and below- being as tall as a 10 year old to compete in the shallowest talent pool.

Comment

There's little interest in watching 2 adult men fighting who weight what an average 11yr old weighs.

Comment

A 112 lb. fighter will never be a star.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            This is nothing more than midget boxing. It's a sideshow. These fighters weigh less than Jr. High School girls. The boxing elite are forcing him down our throats, trying to convince us he's p4p #1 by fighting cans. There are so few men in this world that can make that weight that you can't get good fighters in that class.
            You're an idiot and not a boxing fan. Anybody that thinks lesser of the lower weight classes doesnt see boxing as a sport period. Now you can go **** off lol.

Comment

I like the little guys a lot more than modern heavyweights who often look to be out of shape completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                he's in a pretty good position. He should get good TV exposure this weekend. If he gets past this one then a rematch with Estrada on a major PPV should gain him more cred & the opportunity of a Ring magazine belt!
                Roman is already "The Ring and Lineal" Champion..
                Last edited by thecomedian2; 10-13-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Curious to see if they can make him into a star. I like him but have my doubts regarding his potential public appeal.
                  Same here. What i think will hold him back is the language barrier, he has the style nd the look tho. The broken english is whar helped Pac and now GGG. Nobody will ever transend Pacs popularity though. Pac should have very well been the #1 draw in the sport and had he capitolized on it(instead of Arum) i have no doubt in ny mind he wouldve been making more tgan Mayweather

Comment

[MENTION][MENTION][/MENTION][/MENTION]
                    Originally posted by buddyguns View Post
                    He's been my favorite fighter to watch for a while now, but I'd have to agree with you that it doesn't seem like he can make that break through with a larger audience outside of hardcore boxing fans.
                    To be fair, Chocalito has only been known to the hardcore fanbase so far so theres really no telling how marketable he may be. The casuals dont follow the sport closely to know all the names in every division unless theyre on TV. I think HBO lucked the eff out with Roman, the guy is legit -a 3 division Champ who was NOT signed to a network! All the leg work is basically done, with how far hes made it in boxing, HBO just has to put a cam on him.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                      This is nothing more than midget boxing. It's a sideshow. These fighters weigh less than Jr. High School girls. The boxing elite are forcing him down our throats, trying to convince us he's p4p #1 by fighting cans. There are so few men in this world that can make that weight that you can't get good fighters in that class.
                      ⬆⬆
                      Somebody likes big muscles

Comment

Working...
                      X