No announcement yet.

Ward gonna get his asssss kicked by Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Larry you just going for the guy with blackness in him, you dont fool no one.

Ward doesnt have pascals power.

Ward will be outgunned. He is gonna taste that russian power and get beat up . I can see ward quitting on his stool trying to save face and say he hurt his knee and cant continue after 9 rounds
    And you are once again blinded by POWER..Power is not all boxing is about,lol..sad you havent figured that out yet.How will Kovalev adjust by being smothered and worked in close?? how is his inside game?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      And you are once again blinded by POWER..Power is not all boxing is about,lol..sad you havent figured that out yet.How will Kovalev adjust by being smothered and worked in close?? how is his inside game?
      In that morons defense, Kovalev can work close but he won't need to for most of the fight. He has a long jab, punches hard as hell.

He could make it very difficult for Ward.

Comment

He finally came out of hiding after May 2nd

I thought we'd never see him again

He is a lil "Power" hungry

Most people on this site don't realize you actually have to land to knock out someone lol.....Ward and KOV would be awesome. I favor Ward though, he is the more versatile of the two and IMO he has more know how....I don't count either out KOV has JDJ Who is becoming one of the best trainers around

Comment

I see Ward as a very thin favorite.

Excited to see that this fight is going to get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
            50-50 fight IMO. We've never seen Ward have to go to that next gear. You have to think he has it. Kovalev was supposed to be a crude slugger (according to the guys on here who know it all yet watch 5 fights a year) and was going to get undressed by an ancient but still technically brilliant Bhop. He beat the dog**** out of Bhop. And he is improving and showing new parts to his game every time out. Ward would be the smaller man, never having taken a punch from a man so powerful, ad unable to bully a man as strong and as big as Kovalev. But Ward can fight in basically any style he needs to, and is equally effective. Ward would be the most elusive and confident fighter Kovalev has ever faced. I can see ways either guy can win. This is the fight I want after Kovalev vs Superman has been settled. Not GGG vs Ward. GGG cant beat Ward. I'm a GGG fan who admits Ward is ALL wrong for him.
            Why would Ward be the smaller man if he is slightly taller than Kovalev and I think he has similar reach.

Comment

Kovalev is 6'3 and has 75 inch reach

Comment

Kovalev has the height reach and workrate along with uncomfortable power to go with his style.

Ward is in trouble. Kovalev is the type of fighter who beats up the urban style

Comment

Kovalevs style and body dimensions are all wrong for ward.

Kovalevs strengths are all wrong for ward
                  (good speed/raw power)

Ward isnt gonna bully or mangle kovalev .

The key for team kovalev will be in ref selection and judge selection and site/venue. They key will be getting russian assses in venue seats .

Train for activity and stamina.

I truely think kovalev is taking the rest of 2015 off to spend time with family and vacation before he goes 1 full year of training camps and getting in monster shape to throw and be very active vs war In the late fall of 2016.
                  Russians would travel for this fight but would Americans travel over to Russia to see Ward fight... Maybe they'd travel to witness Kovalev fight I know I would that guy is what boxing needs.
                  Kovalev and Adonis both KO Andre Fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    In that morons defense, Kovalev can work close but he won't need to for most of the fight. He has a long jab, punches hard as hell.

He could make it very difficult for Ward.
                    YES HE CAN MAKE IT DIFFICULT,HE IS A VERY SOLID FIGHTER,I AM NOT DENYING THAT,JUST NEVER SEEN HIM FIGHT ON THE INSIDE

(didnt mean to type in caps)
                    Kovalev is 6'3 and has 75 inch reach
                    And that means what when you are getting smothered??? you do know thats how Ward likes to fight right?

Comment

Nope. Vs tad smith ward had no power.

Kovalevs height and reach and style are gonna undress ward
                      That is the second time you have referred to height, reach, and dimensions. They have pretty similar dimensions, I think Kovalev is a bit taller and reach is 1 inch longer, basically nothing. Not enough to make a difference. Why do ignorant fools like you not do your research before making a thread, and at least stick to facts. People don't realise that Ward is a big strong 168 lber, and he will fill out at 175 nicely. Anyhow, size will not be any kind of determining factor in this fight. It will be if Kovalev can keep his distance and keep Ward on the end of his punches, which would more than likely equate to a KO. I personally would not put money on it, Ward has faced fighters who have better jabs and quicker hands than Kovalev and they have barely landed a glove on him. I don't underestimate Kovalev, I think he is a brilliant fighter and his power is a massive equaliser, but I think as long as Ward doesn't catch too many power shots he will have his way with Kovalev. More athletic, faster hands, faster feet, can beat Kovalev on the inside or outside. Don't sleep on Wards power either, he can hit pretty well especially with the left hook. At the end of the day Abraham is known as one of the biggest hitters in the game and he couldn't get Smith out of there in 24 rounds, Ward busted him up and stopped him.

The reason why I give Kovalev a chance is because we have seen Ward floored and even though he has proved his chin against big punchers, he has shown he can be hit and hurt. But that is all Kovalev has in my opinion a punchers chance with that long right hand or that follow up left he likes to throw from the southpaw stance, which has caught a few fighters unaware.

Comment

Working...
                      X