Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the next overhyped puncher with a thin resume to take an L in the next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the next overhyped puncher with a thin resume to take an L in the next year?

My vote is GGG.....remember where you heard it first.....He will look like a God facing those club fighters....He may not even get by Lemieux

Wilder. ......

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      My vote is GGG.....remember where you heard it first.....He will look like a God facing those club fighters....He may not even get by Lemieux
      You forget something he is boxer-puncher he had a great amateur career before turning pro

Comment

GGG is who you want to take an L. Unfortunately for you he isn't just a brawler or a puncher. He has elite footwork, amazing punch variety, advanced ring cutting techniques, a good chin, a strong job, and is 100% focused on boxing.

But to answer the question the thread poses, the obvious answer is Quillin or Jacobs....neither of who would ever dare to get in the ring with Golovkin.

Comment

wilder is reaching a cul-de-sac where he will have to take on either povetkin or klitschko or lose his belt outside of the ring. kudryashov is a loss waiting to happen. stevenson will be annihilated if he ever faces a top fighter. thurman, as much as i like him, may well lose to porter or khan and then i imagine that the backlash will be pretty big

Comment

Wilder if he fights Povetkin, but I have a feeling that isn't going to happen anytime soon. But that could backfire and he could end up losing to some top 50 type opponent.

Comment

I think Wilder gets KO'ed completely cold by povetkin. his defense is completely mediocre, his stamina is very subpar, and he throws a lot of wild looping punches. povetkin throws a lot of short crisp hard punches so i think he can easily catch wilder.

Comment

GGG has boxing Skills he is not a dumb Power Puncher I think vs Lemeiuex you will see some versatility vs Lemieiux because I have a feeling that will be more of a chess match than people think with both coming in respecting each others power.

Huge fan of Beterbiev but Barrera stylistically will be a headache for Beterbiev if that fight gets done. Haven't heard much about that fight lately so not really sure what is going on but Barrera is a scary combination of great well schooled Cuban Boxing Skills & Power and he moves so well for his size and he has a excellent jab

I agree with Wilder as well, I think Kassi would school Wilder like he did Arreola and Braezeale but he would likely get robbed yet again. A Skilled Boxer with good timing and good counter punching skilled would pick Wilder apart right now which is probably why he is trying to buy himself some time to get better and take more fights before really stepping up again

I would say Lemeiux but it already happened to him...TWICE

Omar Figueroa Jr. is another, I think Ricky Burns somewhat exposed it a bit but Burns just did not have the Pop but you put Omar in with someone like a Rances Barthelemy and Rances dissects him for 12 Rounds easy.

I don't think you just have to be Powerful or skilled? Why can't fighters be BOTH like Kovalev, Thuman, GGG, Walters, Gonzalez and others
                Last edited by sicko; 10-05-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

probably Keith Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    GGG is who you want to take an L. Unfortunately for you he isn't just a brawler or a puncher. He has elite footwork, amazing punch variety, advanced ring cutting techniques, a good chin, a strong job, and is 100% focused on boxing.

But to answer the question the thread poses, the obvious answer is Quillin or Jacobs....neither of who would ever dare to get in the ring with Golovkin.
                    Nope I don't...good story though bro

whether he wins or lose it doesn't affect my life so its not that big a deal

He is overrated in my opinion though....ring got this guy 4 p4p and he aint beat nobody

Comment

Working...
                    X